ECN Forum
Posted By: frenchelectrican exit lumaiaire - 04/24/04 04:17 AM
now i got a goofy question here i saw one place some one did a really dandy work there and put a repecticale mounted on the exit lumaiaire !! i try find in the code and i cant get straght answer there. but i know the nec codes dont allow anything attached to the exit lumiaire at all. can you guys give me a referice number in nec and other codes if have it?? so i can show this to one inspector and we can go after this clown try to do the goofy stuff and unforetally i dont have the camera with me that time but if i see it again i will for sure use the camera and take a photo and send it here and joe t's website i know some of you are suprised to heard that.

merci , marc
Posted By: DougW Re: exit lumaiaire - 04/24/04 04:27 AM
The only refs I found in my ('96) NEC was for health care facilities, and nothing else being attached to Life Safety circuits.

What kind of occupancy is it? I think that will make the biggest difference.
Posted By: frenchelectrican Re: exit lumaiaire - 04/24/04 04:33 AM
Doug:

this exit lumiaire is in pubic bar area kina part resturant and open hall building and the overall max cap is under 300 total if i recall the sign say on the door

and this exit lumaiaire is mounted above the hallway door .

hope it help there

merci , marc
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: exit lumaiaire - 04/24/04 10:02 AM
frenchelectrican

Look at 110.2 and be sure to let us know how this turns out.

A picture would be appreciated, and we can give credit to you as an ECN member in EC&M in a future edition!

Joe
Posted By: frenchelectrican Re: exit lumaiaire - 04/26/04 12:34 AM
ok, I know you guys are waiting for this one. can you please hold for a couple of days i will go back to that place and get the photo for it and i will submit it here.

merci, marc

thanks for being understanding here and keep up good work in the fourm here.
© ECN Electrical Forums