ECN Forum
Posted By: Ryan_J Hydromassage tub bonding - 04/23/04 01:01 AM
I would like someone to talk about voltage gradients and why the NEC doesn't require this fireplace to be bonded.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: iwire Re: Hydromassage tub bonding - 04/23/04 01:06 AM
Maybe to unusual to have come up?

Seems like a darn good idea and while you can not make up code you might talk about civil liability in a "unrelated" discussion. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: Hydromassage tub bonding - 04/23/04 01:10 AM
Hi Bob. Beleive it or not, I see this installation on a fairly regular basis [Linked Image]. Maybe its a Utah thing? We're pretty romantic ya know. I mean with all of our wives [Linked Image]
Posted By: iwire Re: Hydromassage tub bonding - 04/23/04 01:26 AM
Ah One is enough 'joy' for me. [Linked Image]

Before it starts twice as much.
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: Hydromassage tub bonding - 04/23/04 01:35 AM
I know the feeling! I figure I might as well poke fun at the stereotype [Linked Image]
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Hydromassage tub bonding - 04/23/04 04:08 AM
Is there a plasma teevee {or microwave oven} on the other end?
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Hydromassage tub bonding - 04/23/04 06:48 PM
Ryan:
Just when I thought the jacuzzi with the factory built in plasma TV was the newest "toy" to put in the McMansion, you have to come up with this!

Now, it must be a Utah thing!!

John
Posted By: eprice Re: Hydromassage tub bonding - 04/23/04 08:36 PM
Ryan,

...Maybe its a Utah thing?...

Nope, more localized than that. I've never seen one like this [Linked Image]
Posted By: ccdave Re: Hydromassage tub bonding - 04/23/04 10:47 PM
It may not have to be bonded but it should not pass insp. without a hearth per factory requirments of non flamable material
Posted By: PCBelarge Re: Hydromassage tub bonding - 04/26/04 01:25 AM
I see what looks like a GFCI receptacle behind the door - a very unusual location. Is that controling the jacuzzi by any chance?
One of the reasons that bonding of all metallic parts in proximity of the jacuzzi is not required, is because of the low level of chlorine and the jacuzzi is drained after each use.

Pierre
© ECN Electrical Forums