ECN Forum
Posted By: sparky Genny bender - 10/19/02 12:25 AM
Jack Frost cometh, and the poco's fragile infrastucture will once again spur genny sales here
The annual gala, spawns endless tranfere switch, interface, and KW-defying cajun manifestation's [Linked Image] , the latest here for your opinion etc......

An individual , with a Gen-tran & L14-20 twist lock wishes to 'make' into an older (homeline?) 4kw genny sporting a 120v 20a straight blade receptacle and a 240v 20A straight blade recptacle via respective male cord caps and a few flying splices, strictly temporary of course....

what say the BB???
Posted By: jes Re: Genny bender - 10/22/02 01:13 AM
If the rig is like the one I have, the 120 volt duplex has one receptacle running off each winding (tab is broken on the line side terminals) and the neutrals are common...just like an Edison 3 wire. (There is 240 across the line side prongs of the receptacle). I have used it with two 120 v male plugs on short cords spliced in a weatheproof junction box to a single 4 conductor cord (line, line, neutral, equip grnd) running to a twistlock. Sounds like your situation. Would I do it for someone else?? NO WAY!
Posted By: sparky Re: Genny bender - 10/22/02 08:52 AM
the man is going to update his genny, and has been 'read his rights' so to speak....
© ECN Electrical Forums