ECN Forum
Posted By: frodo Arc Fault Brkrs& Ltng - 04/10/02 11:51 PM
hi,
this is a double barrell question.

1.)can you feed the required outlet for HVAC maint from the same circuit that feeds a bedroom? The circuit is arc fault protected.

2.) can you feed the light in the bathroom and the light in the laundry room from the bathroom circuit? I know the laundry circuit itself can only have a built in appliance like an iron on it...nothing else and has loading restrictions..80% i think...

vent/light combo only no heat.

thanks for any replies

frodo
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: Arc Fault Brkrs& Ltng - 04/11/02 01:18 AM
Frodo,
For the bathroom recept you must feed it with a 20 amp circuit. This can feed all the bath gfis,or just one bath gfi, or one bath gfi and other lights or such in that same bath only.
Posted By: frodo Re: Arc Fault Brkrs& Ltng - 04/11/02 12:28 PM
hi,
i was reading the code and its says that a receptacle must be located in the bathroom but i didnt read anything that says you cant attach any other outlets?

thanks

frodo
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: Arc Fault Brkrs& Ltng - 04/11/02 01:18 PM
210-11(c))(3)

Read closely the last sentence and the exception.

Such circuits shall have no other outlets.

Ex. Where a 20-ampere circuit supplies a single bathroom, outlets for other equipment within the same bathroom shall be permitted to be supplied in accordance with section 210-23(a).
Posted By: frodo Re: Arc Fault Brkrs& Ltng - 04/11/02 01:25 PM
hi,
you guys are fast...i found the article and couldnt make it back to the comp before i got nailed...my memory is getting very bad...

got it..

thanks

frodo
Posted By: Cindy Re: Arc Fault Brkrs& Ltng - 04/17/02 02:42 PM
hi frodo, the answer to the 1st question is that there isnt anything that requires an hvac servicing receptacle from being on a specific circuit and nothing that limits an afci circuit to a bedroom, if that was the question
© ECN Electrical Forums