ECN Forum
Posted By: Anonymous Baseball fields and disco's - 02/24/02 02:27 AM
I am currently working on a baseball field installing a new second service that will be used by part of the league. The existing 100A service has a disconnect set directly under the meter at the power pole. (The pole is about 100yds from the pressbox.) I am planning on tapping on to the existing weather head at the press box and going directly through it to the other side via conduit. Does anyone see a problem with this? We use the "3 foot" rule here in PA, which requires our panel to be located within 3 feet of where the service penetrates the wall. If the distance is further, a disconnect must be installed. I do not see any violation here since there is a disconnect already on the load side of the meter. Have I missed something?
Posted By: electure Re: Baseball fields and disco's - 02/24/02 09:27 PM
How do you plan on tapping off of an "existing weatherhead"?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Baseball fields and disco's - 02/24/02 10:53 PM
The meter for this service is about 100 yds away. From the pole with the meter and the disconnect on it, the cable is swung over to the pressbox via tri-plex and into a weather head, which punches through the wall into the back of the panel. What we plan to do is to "bug" onto the triplex before the weather head.
© ECN Electrical Forums