ECN Forum
Posted By: frodo Conduit run in front of panelboard - 05/17/01 01:05 AM
can you install a 2" conduit in front of and to the left looking at the front of the panelboard (600VAC)?

as i read section 110-26 (2), (3) it appears that it would be a violation if the right edge of the conduit is lined up directly with the left side of the panelboard cover looking at it from the front. i have photos available as well.

the conduit is around 6" in front and to the left side of the panelboard....
Posted By: golf junkie Re: Conduit run in front of panelboard - 05/17/01 02:15 AM
Frodo,
If you project a line out from the left side of the panelboard the area must be clear for 36" minimum straight out from the front of the panel. If the line hits the 2" conduit then it's a no-no.....if the conduit is to the left of the projected line you're OK.

Hope that makes sense, if not ask again.

GJ
Posted By: frodo Re: Conduit run in front of panelboard - 05/17/01 02:42 AM
Originally posted by golf junkie:
Frodo,
If you project a line out from the left side of the panelboard the area must be clear for 36" minimum straight out from the front of the panel. If the line hits the 2" conduit then it's a no-no.....if the conduit is to the left of the projected line you're OK.

Hope that makes sense, if not ask again.

GJ

thanks,
i have a contractor that i am supervising and they have installed a 2" conduit so close to the rule it is questionable in my mind. as i read in 110-26 (3) i must consider (e) as well, in addition to the 6" maximum beyond the front of the equipment...

thank you for taking the time to reply...

regards

frodo
Posted By: sparky Re: Conduit run in front of panelboard - 05/17/01 09:57 AM
frodo;
i'm farily sure 110-26 (3) was made for troughs, but is ok for any pipework associated with the panel.

make sure your panel door can open 90 deg.----110-26-(2) with that pipe...

[Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums