[Linked Image]
Posted By: LarryC Re: Nice Meter Pan? - 06/18/12 05:57 AM
Hey, it was just painted! Why would you need to replace it? smile
Posted By: sbi Re: Nice Meter Pan? - 07/16/12 12:05 AM
oh wow.

Posted By: Trick440 Re: Nice Meter Pan? - 07/16/12 05:00 AM
A little duck seal should seal it up.
Posted By: harold endean Re: Nice Meter Pan? - 07/27/12 01:34 PM
I am surprised that the POCO doesn't pull the meter. They could also be liable in case of an injury. ( I would think.)
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Nice Meter Pan? - 07/27/12 03:18 PM
Harold:

PSE&G sent a letter to the owner (rental condo) & a copy to my office for Twp follow-up on this.

The meter reader must have recently noticed this, wrote a 'issue', that went to a PSE&G wiring Inspector/Meter Tech, who issued & sent the letter.

This is literally behind shrubs, cannot be seen unless you are behind the shrubs. It's on my list of follow-ups for next week (hopefully)
Posted By: sparkyinak Re: Nice Meter Pan? - 07/28/12 03:52 AM
Hey I reconize that wiring job. The electrician's name is Rusty...
Posted By: mbhydro Re: Nice Meter Pan? - 07/28/12 04:09 AM
And with remote or drive-by reading coming more into existence, these sort of problems will go on for years. They won't be noticed or acted upon until the meter is scheduled for a change out.
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Nice Meter Pan? - 07/28/12 05:54 PM
Harold:
I forgot to say above...

In this case, "pulling the meter" would not do any good. IMHO, a disconnect at the BUD transformer would be the only "Safe"!
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Nice Meter Pan? - 07/29/12 05:04 AM
Nah that's all good John,
Just a little bit of [b][color:#3366FF]Flex Seal[/color][/b], should touch that up pretty good.
No need to worry there. clap
Posted By: NORCAL Re: Nice Meter Pan? - 07/29/12 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Trumpy
Nah that's all good John,
Just a little bit of [b][color:#3366FF]Flex Seal[/color][/b], should touch that up pretty good.
No need to worry there. clap

With some aluminum flashing to "fill in the gaps"????? whistle whistle
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Nice Meter Pan? - 07/29/12 10:06 PM
I was expecting to see a duct tape patch job! Maybe that's what I'll find this week!!
Posted By: harold endean Re: Nice Meter Pan? - 08/06/12 01:18 PM
I might have mentioned this before, but I was on a job in a school where the bottom of the CT cabinet fell out. The CT's were holding up the rest of the equipment to the top of the cabinet. It was an underground service entrance and there was no duct seal or weatherhead on the pipe on the pole. Mind you the POCO is the last person to install the last piece of pipe on the pole.
© ECN Electrical Forums