ECN Forum
Posted By: mikeD romex n AFCI'S - 02/02/10 08:46 PM
Wonder how lond it will be before romex is done away with in houses.some body will come up with a better idea about having a insluated ground wire.And making panels bigger to take all these arc fault breakers. there cramming down our throats. dont like them not well enought for just about the hole house to be on arc fault.but who am i until they get these manuf off the code commette that will never change. thats the way there pushing they product if its any good or not..
Posted By: sparky Re: romex n AFCI'S - 02/02/10 11:42 PM
i vote we use RCD's....~S~
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: romex n AFCI'S - 02/03/10 12:16 AM
Anybody install the Siemens (I think) panel that has the neutral buss that the cb's stab onto?

Posted By: sparky Re: romex n AFCI'S - 02/03/10 01:13 AM
they do?

~S~
Posted By: EV607797 Re: romex n AFCI'S - 02/03/10 01:58 AM
Mike, are you driving and typing?
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: romex n AFCI'S - 02/03/10 03:07 AM
Sparky:

Took a few to find this, hope the copy/paste trick works....

"Plug-on Neutral Combination Type AFCI
brings time savings and a neater loadcenter
thus enabling contractors to meet the
2008 National Electrical Code and not
compromise time and neatness."

Ah...the text only, not the pic

Anyway, here's the link/site

http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/Markets/Electrical/Products/ResidentialProducts/index.htm

Right side column, 'tab 4'; catalogs; advanced residential....ya get a PDF, & it's on page 38.

(That's the breaker)
Posted By: sparky Re: romex n AFCI'S - 02/03/10 12:03 PM
yeah i see the breaker, and then the pictoral of it in the nuetral buss HotOne, thanks....

on one hand, that would neaten things up, it's been tie wrap city trying to fill a panel full of nuetrals with 30 afci's in a 40 circuit can

otoh, i'd need to change my breaker stock out to those, and then they'd not fit in older panels

i guess if it comes into general usage, i'd go with them...

~S~
Posted By: harold endean Re: romex n AFCI'S - 02/20/10 06:42 PM
John,

You have to use ACFI for dining room lights, but not for the kitchen lights, right?
© ECN Electrical Forums