ECN Forum
Posted By: Yoopersup Rehabitating Area (Health care) - 02/23/09 09:36 PM
This area would come under (517.1) to the Extent that Backup lighting Would be required only.
Exercise Equipment mostly ,
No life support systems .No reduntant grounding required.
How do the rest read it??
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Rehabitating Area (Health care) - 02/23/09 09:55 PM
???
A little more info, please.
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Rehabitating Area (Health care) - 02/23/09 10:11 PM
I am sure your building code requires sufficient backup lighting for egress. I doubt you need to bring this up to the level of "task lighting" although the task of working out on an elliptical machine is not that sight oriented.
What is the issue?
Posted By: George Little Re: Rehabitating Area (Health care) - 02/23/09 10:39 PM
I don't think it falls under 517. I've see this type of occupancy where they have physical therapy for sports injuries. I don't think backup lighting is specified in the NEC. Check with the Building Official or the plans as reviewed. Also the Fire Marshall might have some input. If are going to use 517, then every work out room and gym would be subject to 517. Check the Plans.
Posted By: Yoopersup Re: Rehabitating Area (Health care) - 02/24/09 12:57 AM
This area is for Hospital related recovery injuries.
After surgery & such. Prescried by a doctor .
A person may be Handicaped & require help.
Thats why I feel it requres.
#1 Exit lights As most Buildings.
#2 Task lighting. (Enought to get off the Machines Ect & safely exit the Building).
It is I feel Heath Care Related not like a Sports or Standard Gym area.
READ 517.1 Scope. BUT I could be wrong! woundn't be the ist time Nor well it be the last.
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Rehabitating Area (Health care) - 02/24/09 03:51 AM
Yop:
Egress lighting (Article 700.16) locations/placement & requirements is a Bldg/Fire item here in NJ. The Elec AHJ is responsible for wiring and circuitry.

What do the plans call for??
© ECN Electrical Forums