ECN Forum
Posted By: Elec N Spec Article 680 & Equipotential grids... - 09/27/07 07:30 PM
Now that Michigan has adopted the 2005 NEC (It's about time), the requirements for pools, hot tubs, fountains and ponds have changed. I can sure use some detailed pictures and examples of how people are conforming to the equipotential grids as required in 680. I hear many people with many different ideas on how they comply, but a picture is worth a thousand words as they say and this is one place I could sure use a few.

Regards,

Tony T.
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Article 680 & Equipotential grids... - 09/28/07 03:42 AM
https://www.electrical-contractor.n...al&topic=0&Search=true#Post93314
Posted By: JoeRossi Re: Article 680 & Equipotential grids... - 09/28/07 03:34 PM
Sorry I can not get a pic for you but to be sure you will have no problems, use re-bar for your 12X12 grids and tie them together with tying bond wires.
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Article 680 & Equipotential grids... - 09/28/07 03:42 PM
The 2008 is going to soften the deck requirement a bit so you may end up with a "bump" in the requirement for a few years. Florida has cherry picked that easing of the rule from the 2008 and put it in the Florida Building Code amendments so we don't have to wait for the 2008 (that will probably be skipped anyway).
I haven't seen the final NEC text yet but it is supposed to be as simple as a #8 looped through the deck pour (or under pavers) as I understand it. I would hope AHJs would pick this up sooner than they adopt the 2008, just to avoid that 12 x 12 copper grid anomally for a few years
© ECN Electrical Forums