ECN Forum
Posted By: GTE New format - 08/03/07 11:07 PM
Does it seem that there is less use of this web site since the new format?
Posted By: Celtic Re: New format - 08/04/07 04:11 AM
I know I don't frequent this site as often as I did before the change.
Posted By: gfretwell Re: New format - 08/04/07 06:52 PM
Why do you think the new format would drive people away?
They better get used to it. Almost all of the yacking boards I visit are running the same package. That is pretty handy once you get used to it since you only have one system to learn. I do have the colors set different on each so I can remember who I am talking to ;-)
Posted By: resqcapt19 Re: New format - 08/04/07 07:04 PM
Greg,
I don't really know what it is, but I just don't like the look and feel of the new system and I am not here near as much as before. If they all change over to something like this, I guess it would be a good thing as it would free up some of my time...the time I would have spent on the forums if I liked how they work.
Don
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: New format - 08/04/07 07:40 PM
Hangin out recently, it seems that a lot of guys wandered away.
Haven't seem much from Ryan, although he does respond to private msg & e-mails.
Seems like a lot of the 'Jersey Guys' are on vacation too! Except Les, Ron, & now Celtic who 'fessed up above that he's becoming less frequent. And, Roger...an honarary 'Jersey Guy'.!!
Posted By: walrus Re: New format - 08/04/07 08:24 PM
This format isn't as good as others I frequent. Maybe its because I don't know how to set it up for me. I like the format way better here http://board.uscho.com
Posted By: gfretwell Re: New format - 08/05/07 02:12 AM
That is the system IAEI Florida was using but they changed to this one. They said it wasn't going to be supported anymore by their provider.
Yours may go away too if that is true.
Posted By: gfretwell Re: New format - 08/05/07 02:16 AM
BTW have you looked at "my stuff" to set your preferences? You can unclutter the screen by turning off the left column and I increased the number of posts on a page so I don't have to "next" so often.
IAEI also lets you turn off the right column
Posted By: walrus Re: New format - 08/05/07 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by gfretwell
BTW have you looked at "my stuff" to set your preferences? You can unclutter the screen by turning off the left column and I increased the number of posts on a page so I don't have to "next" so often.
IAEI also lets you turn off the right column

I've done that also. Is there anyway to make the reply box bigger?? I can't tell where line breaks are. In a long post I'd prefer to double space as it makes it easier to read.
Posted By: George Little Re: New format - 08/05/07 11:42 AM
I actually like this format, it has a little bit of getting used to it but once your past that it's fine. I have noticed that several of the people who posted before are not posting here and I think they haven't found this new location yet. There are a few of them that I don't miss smile
Posted By: pauluk Re: New format - 08/08/07 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by walrus
Is there anyway to make the reply box bigger??

Click on the [Linked Image] symbol above the box a few times and it will expand. It only works for individual replies though.

There doesn't seem to be a way to set a larger reply box by default in personal preferences. I too find the default size much too small to see what I'm doing, especially when cutting and pasting sections, entering image links, etc.

Posted By: Admin Re: New format - 08/08/07 03:51 PM
I found a setting to change the default size of the reply window. The question is how big to make it ....

The way it appears is going to look different depending on screen resolution being used.

I changed the settings to make it twice the size vertically and 1/3 wider. Any comments recommendations? Please include the resolution you are using.

Bill
Posted By: Theelectrikid Re: New format - 08/08/07 04:43 PM
Looking good Bill.

I'm using 800x600, 1024x768, and 1280x1024.

Ian A.
© ECN Electrical Forums