ECN Forum
Posted By: scameron81 panel near sink - 11/16/06 11:04 PM
As long as you don't violate your working space does anyone know of any code prohibiting installing a sub panel with a sink 3' to right of it. This is a commercial building inside a copy room

Thanks
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: panel near sink - 11/17/06 12:23 AM
Key description is 'commercial'. No there are no restrictions, except for working space clearances

John
Posted By: scameron81 Re: panel near sink - 11/17/06 12:28 AM
Thanks John,
Thats my interpration as well, but I am the minority.
Posted By: SteveFehr Re: panel near sink - 11/17/06 01:53 AM
You could mount it *in* the sink if you used a NEMA 6P panel! Well, maybe not, it would be hard to get the required working space...

If you use a NEMA 3 panel, I don't see any problems. And even that's probably not necessary.
Posted By: gfretwell Re: panel near sink - 11/17/06 03:44 AM
I know of no NEC rule against being near a sink unless this is the bathroom and you can't be in there at all. Just be sure you have working space.
Posted By: macmikeman Re: panel near sink - 11/17/06 07:52 PM
Quote"Key description is 'commercial'. No there are no restrictions, except for working space clearances"

What is this key word "commercial" stuff? Please give us a code reference for that.
Posted By: George Little Re: panel near sink - 11/17/06 09:33 PM
The limitation on installation of panels in bathrooms is only for dwelling units and guest suites of hotels and motels per 240.24(E) '05 NEC.
Posted By: macmikeman Re: panel near sink - 11/17/06 11:34 PM
oops, I get it now. I thought we were trying to say no panels near a sink in dwellings. Of course I knew about bathroom panels in dwellings.
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: panel near sink - 11/17/06 11:37 PM
George:
A Thank You, from me to you...
John
© ECN Electrical Forums