ECN Forum
Posted By: Reel-Break bathroom fans/light combo - 01/09/06 06:03 PM
Do they make a fan light combo for inside a shower location?I`ve put plenty of lights with shower cover but don`t recall a fan?Someone ask and I really couldn`t remember ever having done one with a fan.I wouldn`t think the regular bath fans would be for the location but thats why I`m asking.Thanks in advance
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: bathroom fans/light combo - 01/09/06 09:12 PM
Every fan/light that I have installed is marked "Acceptable for use over tub or shower when protected by gfci".
Posted By: harold endean Re: bathroom fans/light combo - 01/11/06 01:42 AM
As stated by electricmanscott, there are fan/lights that are UL approved for inside the shower area. Most times the manufactures want that fan of GFI protection. You will have to check the fan/light to see if it is UL listed to go inside the shower though, and you should leave the paper work with the HO and the AHJ when going for inspection.
Posted By: HCE727 Re: bathroom fans/light combo - 01/12/06 01:13 AM
Check out the Nutone 744nt, a recessed light-fan combo. UL listed for tubs and showers, when protected by a gfi.
Posted By: macmikeman Re: bathroom fans/light combo - 01/12/06 08:21 AM
Panasonic combo fans are ul listed for showers and are the Cadillac of bath fans. You can barely hear them when running.
Posted By: Reel-Break Re: bathroom fans/light combo - 01/12/06 02:04 PM
When you wire them do you normally come off the 20 amp gfci recep provided it serves this bath only?
Posted By: HLCbuild Re: bathroom fans/light combo - 01/13/06 12:48 AM
I agree with macmikeman that the Panasonic is the Cadillac of fans...but...they have a pair of compact fluorescents for the light feature. Some of my customers have objected to them. So I use Panasonic for fan only and Nutone QuieTTest like the LS100 for my fan/light combos. They are almost as quiet as the panasonic and they use a 100 watt A-lamp even in an insulated ceiling.
© ECN Electrical Forums