ECN Forum
Posted By: rick68 Load Calculation For RV Garage - 10/05/05 01:04 PM
Wiring up an R.V. Garage for a customer. County wants a load calc. on the prints. I've done load calcs on custome homes but am unsure on garages. I checked the code book, 99 nec, and am assuming to use the farm load calc on 220-40 ?? My calculations will include a 20 amp 120v. circuit for window ac ; 60 amp 220v. for arc welder; a 3/4 hp for garage door opener and some general recepts and florescent lighting.. any help on which calculation method to use... Thanx much!!
Posted By: Alan Nadon Re: Load Calculation For RV Garage - 10/08/05 04:17 PM
Have you looked at 220.3 ?
Garages are included in the table.
Follow the steps and I think you will have your calculation.
Alan--
Posted By: rick68 Re: Load Calculation For RV Garage - 10/09/05 03:03 PM
Thanks Alan,

I actually went ahead and used farm load calc. and came up with a 74 amp load, which sounds about right. Funny, I called the supervisor for the elect. inspection dept. for the city the work is being done, and he couln't give me an answer.... said he would call right back... that was 3 days ago and still haven't heard back. The city requested the info on the prints before permit is issued, but they don't know how to do the actuall calc. themselves.. go figure......... anyway, thanks for the response!!
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Load Calculation For RV Garage - 10/09/05 04:45 PM
The city requested the info on the prints before permit is issued, but they don't know how to do the actuall calc. themselves.

That's why they wanted you to do it [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums