ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Grand Opening! - 10/18/03 10:48 PM
In this area we'll discuss Building and other Codes that often have an impact on Electrical work but are not covered in the NEC.

Please welcome Ryan and Roger as Moderators at ECN! I'd like to thank them for agreeing to share their expertise and I think we're all going to learn something here!

If you have any comments, suggestions etc. let 'em rip!

[Linked Image]
Bill
Posted By: iwire Re: Grand Opening! - 10/18/03 10:51 PM
Let me be the first to say great idea for a category/forum and great moderators. [Linked Image]

Bob
Posted By: sparked Re: Grand Opening! - 10/18/03 11:29 PM
Sound like a great idea. Will you be moving related threads from the other forums here?
Posted By: Admin Re: Grand Opening! - 10/19/03 12:05 AM
sparked,

If you know of any threads that you think would fit better here or a topic you'd like to see 'revived' let someone know about them. It might be interesting to re-open some older discussions, or it might be good to start fresh, the Moderators will decide.

Bill
Posted By: Roger Re: Grand Opening! - 10/19/03 12:29 AM
Bill, thank you for opening up this new area.

I think we can expand in to avenues that are not going to be ignored.

We all have been required to make adjustments to an installation due to a code or standard outside of the NEC or local Electrical codes.

The days of looking to one code are passing if not already behind us. Look at NFPA 20,72,99,101,110, everything below, in between, and above these numbers.

I hope everyone will have patience while I get my feet wet [Linked Image]

Thanks

Roger
Posted By: Roger Re: Grand Opening! - 10/19/03 12:36 AM
Bob, thank you for the welcome, it means alot coming from you. I know you will be an asset here as you are in all areas of this forum and other forums across the web.

Roger
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: Grand Opening! - 10/19/03 02:13 AM
Bill and Bob: Thanks for the compliments, your words are far too kind.

I agree with you guys in that there is much to be learned from "other codes", besides the NEC.

Please feel free to fire-away with your questions. Please bare in mind that, like the NEC, every state will have different amendments to the code. Also, with the union of BOCA, SBCCI and ICBO, most states have adopted the international code council (ICC) set of codes. Most of the code questions and answers will be based on these codes (I assume). If you are in California, please include that in your question.

Thanks again, Ryan_J
Posted By: pauluk Re: Grand Opening! - 10/19/03 01:27 PM
I think this makes a good addition to the forum.

There are so many areas where there is a cross-over between various trades and their different rules and/or guidelines.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Grand Opening! - 10/20/03 05:17 AM
Wow!!,
Roger and Ryan,
Wish you fella's all the best guys!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: sparky Re: Grand Opening! - 10/20/03 10:15 AM
very interesting, i have read much that would have been addressed by 101, 780, etc

it would be great if those familiar with the inticacies of these codes would chime in

~S~
Posted By: Redsy Re: Grand Opening! - 10/20/03 11:17 AM
I appreciate the effort, guys.
We often seem to forget about, or are unaware of other building codes that may be violated during an electrical installation.
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: Grand Opening! - 10/20/03 01:14 PM
Here's one to consider moving: https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001041.html
Posted By: PCBelarge Re: Grand Opening! - 10/25/03 04:34 AM
Roger and Ryan or is it Ryan and Roger.
Only kidding!!!

It is great to see two who are so concerned about our industry who will moderate over this forum, I wish you luck, this will require a lot of effort since it is from outside the NEC.
I can say that with all of the 'other' codes and standards, we will have some fun here and probably learn a tremendous amount of info.
I have a pretty good library and if you need help with a reference, let me know.
Good Luck!!

Pierre
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: Grand Opening! - 10/25/03 01:00 PM
Great new forum, and if you need any references I have the entire NFPA National Fire Codes on my computer.

I can even show you where they already define a "NEUTRAL" in a standard about fire trucks!

Good Luck!!

Joe
Posted By: Roger Re: Grand Opening! - 10/25/03 01:05 PM
Sparked, Paul, Trumpy, Sparky, Redsy, T.G., Pierre, and Joe; thanks for the words and the support. It's nice to have you all here.

I'm just here to give Ryan a hard time. [Linked Image]

Roger
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: Grand Opening! - 10/25/03 03:56 PM
Roger...You'll have to get up awfuly early to give me a hard time, my friend [Linked Image]

Pierre, long time no see...good to have you here again, your knowledge will prove to be a valued asset here, I'm sure of it.
© ECN Electrical Forums