ECN Forum
Posted By: electure More Electrical Products from Colt Firearms - 03/30/07 11:13 PM
Lostazhell's been collecting some more!

This is a Colt "Foursome" that I came across on Ebay. No UL, polarization or such.. but the contacts still bite decent enough so I hooked a cord to it and use it for charging cell phones on my desk smile Enjoy!

Randy

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Well, you sure learn something every day! I never would have dreamed that Colt ever made electrical devices.

What next? Lampholders by Smith & Wesson?
So is that a set of two multi-plug taps? One for plugging into the wall and the other one for making an extension cord?

Interesting.
It seems to me that the one piece is a 4 way tap that can plug into a normal wall or other receptical. The other piece is a tabletop base specially designed for that tap, to make, in effect, a power strip.
Looks like it, It's a rather nice looking device nonetheless! I too tend to use things like this for light duty (chargers, etc). Makes me wonder though, what exactly is "Coltrock"?
It would appear to be the substance they're made out of, probably similar to bakelite.
Coltrock is probably Colt's own tradename for Bakelite.

Bakelite was/is a brand, so other companies that marketed the same type of plastics would probably put their own names for it.
Posted By: e57 Re: More Electrical Products from Colt Firearms - 04/14/07 10:14 PM
Apparently this item had a cord...
[Linked Image from huntingcollectibles.com]
"has a cord" is fairly nice wording for that piece of copper, frayed cloth and crumbling rubber wink
Up till a few years ago, my Dad's house had a main 60amp fused disconnect that was made by Colt.

It disappeared when the POCO side of the meter let go with a cabang and half the house went dark.

TW

never underestimate the perversity of an inanimate object.
You forgot to mention the cracked plug. laugh
Originally Posted by Trainwire
never underestimate the perversity of an inanimate object.

Another great signature line! I love it! grin
© ECN Electrical Forums