ECN Forum
Posted By: electure Never say Never - 03/20/05 02:10 AM
[Linked Image]

I've never seen one of these, and hope I never will.

electure

Yup, That's what I posted about 2 weeks ago in a Photos for Discussion thread.
This One

Me and my big mouth [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Have you others run into these? This is about 1960 vintage I believe.
Posted By: frenchelectrican Re: Never say Never - 03/20/05 04:46 AM
Scott:

i did see few of it in couple of commercal locations but the lower photo it show Sq D fuseable switch i did see the 30 amp verison and 100 amp but i did see the 200 amp verison also but hard to pull it out
but once a while i did ran into very oddball one too

Merci, Marc
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Never say Never - 03/20/05 07:12 PM
Oh that is what you were talking about.... Those disconnects are all over LA, especially the old high rises around downtown... I came across a 400A 240V Zinsco version at a flea bag hotel similar to the one that e57 had a field day with....
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Never say Never - 04/22/05 09:20 PM
Hey Electure,
Is there supposed to be wires coming off the ends of them fuses in the bottom picture?. [Linked Image]
Posted By: George Corron Re: Never say Never - 04/23/05 10:50 AM
Electure,
The ad you showed is for a bus duct switch, I may be able to get you a pic of one installed in the last year or so, yup, seen lot's of 'em, and their still in use and for sale.

Real close cousin to the switchboard you show.
Posted By: electure Re: Never say Never - 04/24/05 01:10 AM
George,
That would be great!
This is the most bizarre pullout I can imagine. The little handle does lever over so that it keeps it in a closed condition, and it feels quite solid!

Mike, there are 3 #12 wires coming from the lugs on the left side of the disconnect. Brown, Orange, and Yellow.
Posted By: Sir Arcsalot Re: Never say Never - 04/24/05 01:38 AM
Reminds me about 20 years ago when I was a custodian at an institution laundry building- they had an old (WWII) Trumbull "Swing-Wa" panel that shut off the main fans in the building. Had to operate one of those every night.

For the most part it never bothered me except sometimes I would think to myself, What would happen if the insulation in the handle somehow failed?"

I heard they either locked out or abandoned that panel. I thought it was kinda cool though.
© ECN Electrical Forums