ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Electricity of Today - 06/25/03 02:14 AM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I wish I could share this entire book with all of you.

Published in London in 1907, it discusses the "new" uses and theories of electricity in depth.
quote:

"All our present scientific conceptions are based upon our belief in the existence of a mysterious something which pervades all space, and to which has been given the name ether. We have really no idea whatever as to the nature of the ether, but we are none the less convinced of its existence"

A real find for $10, huh?...S
(Electure)
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: Electricity of Today - 06/25/03 02:39 AM
How many in favor of a caption contest?
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Electricity of Today - 06/25/03 05:13 AM
TG,

There was a caption for these pictures, but I really couldn't read it. we'll have to wait for Electure to tell us what's going on here.

Bill
Posted By: electure Re: Electricity of Today - 06/25/03 11:25 AM
The first is one of the amazing "new" uses of electricity for medical purposes.
The "doctor" is removing an iron filing from the patient's eye through the use of an electromagnet.
The second was merely a demonstration of how an electromagnet attracts metal (I surely don't know why they had the "patient" in this one, unless he had a steel plate in his head)...S
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: Electricity of Today - 06/25/03 01:44 PM
Ah, that makes sense. I guess the second photo is showing that the magnetic force is strong enough to penetrate the fellow's head.

I thought that photo #1 was a big electric ball-point pen, but then changed my mind because it looked like #2 was a poor guy about to be rocketed off someplace. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Electricity of Today - 06/28/03 07:46 AM
From the pics, I'd say never trust a guy that wears a white coat and black boots.
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Electricity of Today - 06/28/03 05:13 PM
It sounded like a wild idea to everyone else, but Professor Clump and I were sure that our Electro Magnetic Vapourization Apparatus could once and for all end man’s need for toilet paper.
© ECN Electrical Forums