ECN Forum
Posted By: WireNuts29 terrible accident - 07/26/07 11:53 PM
I Was very saddened today. My mother called asking what my former bosses name was. Before I became an electrician I worked for a vinyl siding/roofing company.
So any how. My mother said that my former boss's 17 year old son was killed yesterday. They were dismanteling staging at a condo complex, when they lost control of the riser, and it dropped onto power lines nearby. My point is that it's not just us in the electrical trade who need to emphasize safety around live electricity. It needs to become instilled in all contractors. Complacency can be just as deadly as ignorance of danger.
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: terrible accident - 07/27/07 12:39 AM
WireNuts:
Welcome to ECN from one of the Jersey Guys!
Yes, other trades can and do get their share of death and injuries from electricity. A few months back a young guy installing windows died from a boom touching a bare OH service.

Take care, stay safe..
Posted By: steve ancient apprentice Re: terrible accident - 07/29/07 03:57 PM
A year or so ago I posted about a worker from agnoli signs who died here in Holyoke Mass while working above the ceiling at Filenes . Caution and care must be observed at all times. My regaurds to the family. 17 is way too young to leave this world.
Always,
Steve
Posted By: gfretwell Re: terrible accident - 07/29/07 05:08 PM
I think most construction and maintenance deaths are from people who contact overhead lines doing non-electrical tasks. FPL is always running ads telling us to look up before we erect ladders, use pruners or install antennas.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: terrible accident - 07/31/07 05:44 AM
Catchphrase used here in respect to Overhead Lines:
Look Up, Look Out!
© ECN Electrical Forums