ECN Forum
Posted By: Kenbo Wanted ...Picts - 07/14/06 10:25 AM
Can anyone help me out with some good pict of guys at work.

I am looking for things like pole and tower work that you would not mind me puting into a presentation for my students.

I did have a video of someone working on an overhead line live and getting onto it from a helecopter but, it has since been lost and I can not replace it (not normal practice here in the UK)

If you can help me out I would be greatful

Thanks Kenny
Posted By: Zog Re: Wanted ...Picts - 07/17/06 12:04 PM
Order the DVD from the history channel called "High Voltage", all sorts of live line stuff with helicopters and other neat stuff.
Posted By: Kenbo Re: Wanted ...Picts - 07/18/06 08:29 AM
Thanks Zog

Had to contact the history channel to see if I can get a copy here in the UK. Will let you know how I get on.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Wanted ...Picts - 07/19/06 09:40 AM
Ken,
I'll see what I can dig out around here, I used to be a Live Line Mechanic, I think I still have some stuff here. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Kenbo Re: Wanted ...Picts - 07/31/06 09:11 AM
Zog
Got in touch with the UK branch of the History Channel only to get an email back to say that they do not and have no plans to sell DVDs of programs broadcasted and I am relictant to buy a film that I can not view(I have been assured that American and Brittish systems are not compatible)But still trying. Prob cost more to ship from the USA than the film cost.

Trumpy
Any luck finding something I can use? Picts with a short decription would be apriciated, but nothing you are not willing for others to see. (e-mail them to me) Thanks
Posted By: Zog Re: Wanted ...Picts - 08/01/06 02:06 PM
I checked the DVD and it was actually from the A&E channel if that helps
© ECN Electrical Forums