ECN Forum
Posted By: ZAURUS Safety Circuits Category 3 & 4 - 03/12/06 07:20 AM
Does anyone know any publications about Safety Control Systems built up with safety relays?
I am specifically looking for schematics of electomechanical relay systems, that monitor two door switches (very typical application).
Usually this type of safety relays are used in the circuits: http://www.mew-europe.com/home/www/eu/en/relay/sfn/index_euen.html

Thanks a lot for any help.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Safety Circuits Category 3 & 4 - 03/12/06 10:19 AM
Is this a sales pitch?.

Reason I say that is not many people come straight into here with a link like that.

I've worked with a lot of Safety Relays before would you like to talk specific applications?.

Are they Ex-D certified? (CENELEC)

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 03-12-2006).]
Posted By: ZAURUS Re: Safety Circuits Category 3 & 4 - 03/12/06 11:50 AM
Of course this is NOT a sales pitch.

I just want to make sure everybody knows what I am talking about. I am not looking for publications that are describing top-level applications, such as wiring complete safety modules.

Of course any type of "safety relay" used is fine as long they are built according to EN50205 / ICE61810-1. The one I showed is just unique in many ways of providing better fault recognition with the pair wise contacts coupling system.
I am looking for applications that typically have two door switches as control signals, and provide a safe switching output for the load output. I have found one book so far from a German organization, the BIA-Report, where they discuss such applications, applications in accordance with then EN 954-1.
If any one knows more of this kind of publications, I would appreciate very much any reply.
© ECN Electrical Forums