ECN Forum
Posted By: Trumpy Pole accident video - 04/23/05 02:35 AM
Check this out:

Pole Slip Accident
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Pole accident video - 05/05/05 12:42 AM
Hmm,
I'm not sure what you guys think about this video clip, but I reckon it illustrates what can happen when people are put under pressure.
That guy wasn't thinking when he cut that line. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: Pole accident video - 05/05/05 08:47 PM
Two dummies for the price of one! Why do we humans laugh when someone else gets hurt? Ever seen those 'Send a video to ..." shows? A little tot falls and gets hurt, & the a******* with the camera carries on filming, with canned laughter added for good measure. Gets me so wild every time!
Alan
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Pole accident video - 05/15/05 11:27 AM
Good point Alan,
I'm not looking to glorify the fact that someone had an accident here, more of the opposite.
That fall from that pole must have hurt, I've had the same fall myself out in the field, but it wasn't from cutting a line.
From what I can make out this was part of training in Pole Top rescue and anyone that has ever been involved in that before, knows that you have to work quickly but at the same time keep your head.
You only cut the victim's pole strap after there is someone to bear their wieght on the Rescue line.
Same side of the coin, we use Line Mechanics here instead of hectors and we have never had a single injury.
I guess it could be the calibre of our staff.
But when it comes down to it, you could be rescuing that same guy next week or tommorrow, you should be able to feel what the wieght of a real human being feels like on the end of a Rescue line.
© ECN Electrical Forums