ECN Forum
Posted By: SAFTENG Electrical mishap injures resident - 04/23/04 01:15 PM
4/21 Electrical mishap injures resident
By STEPHEN FARRIS/Daily Sun Staff
WINKLER -- Tampering with electricity resulted in a late morning accident on SECR 2390 in the far Southeastern part of Navarro County Tuesday.

Chris Hayes, 24, formerly of Lewisville was attempting to hook the electricity up at the residence where he is living, after it had been cut-off by Navarro County Co-op recently.

"I don't know what happened," an unidentified resident of the house said. "He must have crossed a wire and pulled something down."

"I heard a loud pop," the unidentified resident said. "The next thing I knew, Chris was flat on his back laying on the ground."

The accident occurred sometime between 10:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.

Southern Oaks Volunteer Fire Department arrived on the scene, as well as Corsicana Fire Rescue.
Hayes was in and out of consciousness after the accident happened according to the unidentified resident.

Careflight was called in to airlift Hayes to Parkland Hospital in Dallas.

"I don't know why he was up on the roof," the unidentified resident said. "We already had arrangements to have the electricity turned back on."

The accident happened less than two miles from the Freestone County line near FM 416, close to the Richland-Chambers Reservoir.

----------

Stephen Farris may be contacted via e-mail at sfarris@corsicanadailysun.com
© ECN Electrical Forums