ECN Forum
Posted By: The Watt Doctor Spreadsheet, many thanks - 03/23/02 11:51 PM
For those who have responded to the recent estimating threads, requested my spreadsheet, and offered your kind words of thanks, I would like to say, humbly, "You are all very welcome". It is my pleasure, as a member of this board, to help in the promotion of the electrical industry, in any way that I can.
To all that have the spreadsheet, you'll notice that on the "Summary Page", I have a place to put "Quoted Material" in twice. I did this because many times on very large ticket items, I don't put a full "mark up" on them. You'll find this useful when you are "really" trying to land a job.
In the sample estimate that I sent, you'll notice that I "plugged" numbers into the "fixture", and "gear" price/labor sheets for fixture and gear pricing. On most projects that I bid these items are normally left blank, or I will put small amounts of money into the pricing space to cover misc. materials associated with that item. Most of our fixture/gear packages are "quoted" to us in a "lot price".
Again to:
EAPRENGER
Mr. Minshew
Mr. & Mrs. Carmine
Mr. Urch
RockyJo
Mr. Drake
Virgil
many thanks. May your conduit run straight, your estimates be accurate, your wife...I'm mean wire be without shorts, and most of all may you all get paid at the end of the job.

Estimatologically Yours,
Doc
Posted By: The Watt Doctor Re: Spreadsheet, many thanks - 03/24/02 11:57 PM
The list continues:
Mr. Miell
Mr. Conners
Mr. Robertson
Mr. Young
Best Regards, God Bless, and Good Luck.
Mr. Young, Thanks for the kind words, concerning my "form". I'm sure that I act the way that I do from working on live circuits. As always, "Take 2 wire nuts, and call me in the morning." I will also add that, "Proper electric today keeps The Watt Doctor away."
Humbly,
Doc
© ECN Electrical Forums