ECN Forum
Posted By: gary long panel lable software - 01/22/02 01:12 AM
Anyone out there have a link to some panel software uploads so we can all make stickers and stick on the inside of the panels with company logo and all that ?? Ive been searching all over and no luck yet.. It seems like there would be tons of free ones out there ?? let me know and if I find one first I will write back and fill everyone in! Thanks !!!!!! "whyrag"
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: panel lable software - 01/22/02 01:35 AM
File not available now.....

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 05-18-2005).]
Posted By: WARREN1 Re: panel lable software - 01/22/02 06:19 PM
Sounds like a good program, but I can't get it to run. I get a "runtime error 31037". Maybe its just my computer.
Posted By: Chuck 0131 Re: panel lable software - 01/22/02 09:27 PM
I had the software for what you need , but lost it when my PC took a dump, been searching for it again as you have , it was a free download. If I find it again I'll let you know where
Posted By: gary long Re: panel lable software - 01/23/02 03:32 AM
Thanks Joe ! But I am having trouble because it will not load up and do anything ! I think I am going to use microsoft picture it 2001 and try somthing new ! But still I think there should be more programs out there for that. It seem's it would be a great free program to attract customers into buying other electrical programs. Thanks alot anyway though !!! " Whyrag "
Posted By: ftl-eric Re: panel lable software - 01/24/02 08:55 PM
I also had a problem when loading the software. I searched the net and found Panel version 4.5, which worked just fine.

When I have time I'll post it on my website. (I'm out of commission right now after being rear-ended by a police officer.) Hopfully I'll be back at work next week and get you guys the link.

[This message has been edited by ftl-eric (edited 01-24-2002).]
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: panel lable software - 01/24/02 10:06 PM
Hello All: I just finished downloading and installing the shareware version of this software, that can be used as long as you want but is restricted in its use.

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 01-24-2002).]
Posted By: waymag Re: panel lable software - 01/25/02 12:31 AM
Uninstall the program and reinstall it to get 30 more circuits. lol.
Posted By: gary long Re: panel lable software - 01/27/02 08:24 PM
I used microsoft picture it 2001 for some nice lable and then i searched around and found this nice 30 day trial program.. I think that I will buy this one ! Check it out at http://www.smartdraw.com very nice ! See ya, "whyrag"
Posted By: Scott35 Re: panel lable software - 01/28/02 04:20 AM
My [constant] suggestions are:

<OL TYPE=1>

[*] Use a Word Processor program - such as MS Word, Lotus Word Pro, or Word Perfect - for creating I.D. labels and simple Panel Directories, plus create and / or attach a Company Logo to Directories,

[*] Use a Spreadsheet program - such as MS Excel, or Lotus 1,2,3 - or a database program - such as MS Access, or Lotus Approach - to create Panel Schedules, SCA calculation sheets, Voltage Drop Calc sheets and Load Calc sheets. You can also import your logo to these sheets.
</OL>

The drawback[s] here would be the need to create your own "Template" sheets from scratch, plus if you do not already own the program it would be an investment of at least $150.
Also you will need to learn the program.

Pre-made aplications, such as the one mentioned in this thread, are great for the end-user which doesn't have time to create templates, or does not own the Word Processor / Spreadsheet applications [or fully understand how to use them if already owned]I mentioned above.

Good luck!

Scott S.E.T.
Posted By: WARREN1 Re: panel lable software - 01/28/02 09:34 PM
Here at our company, we have an Excel spreadsheet we made from input from other sources. It works really well. There are times we need to link these together to see the load on an MCC or larger distrbution panel. As Scott says, thats when you need to know how to do it, although it is not difficult. I can link an entire plant toghether and give a connected load and an estimated demand. I can play other games with it if necessary, like making charts of various descriptions, etc. I use lookup tables to get HP amps, to size conductors, circuit breakers, etc. I am working on using another lookup table to incorporate motor starter sizing and overloads.
But all that aside, I still like to see what others are doing so as to spice up my own ideas. Keep up the good work.
Posted By: rkukl Re: panel lable software - 01/29/02 10:29 PM
I have used this product its real nice.

Check it out
http://www.dsrenterprises.com/
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: panel lable software - 05/18/05 07:15 PM
Bump

Anything new?

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 05-18-2005).]
© ECN Electrical Forums