ECN Forum
Posted By: sandsnow CA Cert Update - 03/09/07 04:14 AM
Fresh from the meeting in San Diego:

I found out that WECA offers online courses for trainees. Check out their website.

The 70 mile exemption is history. Even if you're 300 miles away you have to enroll and attend classes. The online thing looks even better now.

Speaking of hours. There will not be any checking of hours in the near future, possibly ever.

Voice Data testing begins March 17th.

The DAS will be going to the legislature soon to get some enforcement laws enacted. Possibly this session.
Posted By: CTwireman Re: CA Cert Update - 03/09/07 10:33 PM
The DAS will be going to the legislature soon to get some enforcement laws enacted. Possibly this session.

So we can assume they will go into effect 6 years from now?

Peter
Posted By: e57 Re: CA Cert Update - 03/10/07 01:13 AM
Great..... [Linked Image]

(Sorry - just feeling so burnt by this bogus law.)
Posted By: electure Re: CA Cert Update - 03/11/07 12:24 AM
Thanks, Larry
I think it's great that they are even discussing enforcement. Up until this point it seemed as if there would NEVER be any discussion of it at all.
Peter, you may be giving them a little too much credit for urgency....This is California. [Linked Image]

I have heard a (fairly reliable) rumor that some insurance companies have begun denying claims from contractors that haven't been using legal workers.
Posted By: e57 Re: CA Cert Update - 03/11/07 03:20 PM
Speaking of hours. There will not be any checking of hours in the near future, possibly ever.

Just wondering Larry... How the subject came up, and what gave you this idea? I know that I have not heard of anyone having thier hours questioned since this all started, but are the actually saying it? To the effect of, "we don't have the time or money..." - "Who cares about hours..." - "We dont need no stinking hours!"

That said do think that just anyone can throw in an application for General Journeyman and sit for the test still?

Scott, denying a claim is a great big 'out' for the insurance company. But the day they start denying policies up front will be the day this law gets its baby teeth IMO.
Posted By: 1000BaseT Re: CA Cert Update - 03/23/07 01:19 AM
If there is any enforcement effort, it is very likely that it will be directed at the electrician, not the electrical contractor. It is electricians who must comply with the law, not contractors.
© ECN Electrical Forums