ECN Forum
Posted By: denny3992 fire alarm - 02/07/07 12:40 AM
Hey guys, Im getting involved in more jobs where i need to be responsible for fire alarms addressible style ... atleast pulling cable, and terming devices. any body out there able to give some help on a good book for estimating help and a code cheat book? i have the nfpa Fire Alarm code book... but would like a for dummies book?

Thanks

Denny
Posted By: e57 Re: fire alarm - 02/07/07 12:58 AM
Not sure if they can print that on the cover?????

"Fire Alarm Systems for Dummies"
Posted By: LK Re: fire alarm - 02/07/07 01:48 AM
Just one thing you want to be sure to do, is make sure your current insurance covers alarm installations, you need errors and ommisions coverage, and most likely a new contract form, with limits of liability statements, Fire alarm installations are not like electrical jobs, they carry heavy liability risk.
Posted By: ShockMe77 Re: fire alarm - 02/07/07 08:01 AM
I'm happy about there not being a book called "Fire Alarm Systems for Dummies" for sale.
Posted By: Helectric Re: fire alarm - 02/07/07 06:29 PM
This one's not too bad.
http://www.afaa.org/OrderOnline/Man...ield/0/Level/1/ProductID/15/Default.aspx
Posted By: Sparks30 Re: fire alarm - 02/07/07 09:12 PM
I used to do lots of fire alarm for another company. It took a good week of reading the fire alarm code book to understand it. If you thought the nec was hard to follow just read through the fire alarm. Once you understand how it is writen it is easy to follow. Also have a hightlighter handy for the general knowledge finds.
© ECN Electrical Forums