ECN Forum
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] Me thinks someone got nailed with verizon's $0.002/kb ($2/mb!) data charge.

We've got a bright group here, I know you guys can work out the $ figure! Those are both trivial expressions, should take about 30 seconds to do in your head. [Linked Image]

(edited by Webmaster to protect privacy ... and PG rating)

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 01-31-2007).]
Just remember...engineers ARE the center of the universe.

After all; they define the coordinate system.
Approx $2 [Linked Image]
Close, Ron, but I think you got the sign reversed on the phasor [Linked Image]
about $0.00 US, very clever [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Elviscat (edited 01-31-2007).]
It appears to me to be $0.002
It's 2/10 of a cent.
My guess is that some dumb computer kept dunning him for that almost-zero amount and he just snapped.

It happens...My sister closed out a bank account years ago and kept getting monthly statements showing a balance of $0.00. She finally wrote a check to CASH in the amount of $0.00 and the statements stopped.
I guess that HAL (2001's computer) wasn't the only machine that was insane in the mainframe.
There is much more to this story....

http://verizonmath.blogspot.com
Webmaster blurred the name, but the only thing blurred in the original was the routing & account #s. It's a different guy, but the date coincides with that guy's blog. I'm sure they're related, but only indirectly.
Webmaster blurred the name, but the only thing blurred in the original was the routing & account #s.
That's correct. I thought it wasn't a good idea to have someone's Name and Signature displayed.

Bill
Are you sure this isn't a GC's check?.
No sorry I forgot, it isn't in the Minus field.
A friend of mine got a letter from her water company demanding payment of $0.00 and threatening legal action for non-compliance, so she wrote out a check for that exact amount and mailed it to them. [Linked Image]

-John
© ECN Electrical Forums