ECN Forum
Posted By: HCE727 Cold Water Ground - 11/28/06 02:06 AM
I am wiring an old twin, where the water meter is next door. Where do you run the ground, 5' from where it enters the twin that I'm doing and then go next door and jump the meter? Or run the ground next door and jump the meter there?

[This message has been edited by HCE727 (edited 11-27-2006).]
Posted By: Roger Re: Cold Water Ground - 11/28/06 02:16 AM
IMO you would have to access it next door where it actually enters the structure.

Roger
Posted By: john p Re: Cold Water Ground - 11/28/06 02:16 AM
I say you go to the meter. If they dont like it have them bring the meter to you.
Posted By: e57 Re: Cold Water Ground - 11/29/06 02:16 AM
It sounds as if he went to the meter it would be the same place????

Anyway, I'm with Roger on it....
Posted By: Theelectrikid Re: Cold Water Ground - 11/29/06 03:41 AM
10-4 Roger.

Ian A.
E-Kid
Posted By: john p Re: Cold Water Ground - 11/29/06 04:10 AM
I did mean the same thing as. "you would have to access it next door where it actually enters the structure." or to have the water access the structure in your side. It is probably easyier to go to the meter then the water to be dug in to that half of the duplex. but i would prefer to have my meter in my half then next door,
The same for my panel.
Posted By: mxslick Re: Cold Water Ground - 11/29/06 05:52 AM
Huh?!? Boy this one's makin my head spin!
Posted By: resqcapt19 Re: Cold Water Ground - 11/29/06 12:09 PM
If this is a duplex with two owners, then as the owner of the other unit, I am not going to permit you to come onto my side to make this connection.
Don
Posted By: Roger Re: Cold Water Ground - 11/29/06 01:58 PM
Don, the connection would not have to be made inside.

Roger
Posted By: macmikeman Re: Cold Water Ground - 11/29/06 03:58 PM
Then in that case it doesn't need to be within 5 foot of anything.
Posted By: Roger Re: Cold Water Ground - 11/29/06 04:14 PM
Mike, that is correct, but why would you want to dig further and use more conductor?

Roger
Posted By: e57 Re: Cold Water Ground - 12/02/06 04:52 PM
If this is a duplex with two owners, then as the owner of the other unit, I am not going to permit you to come onto my side to make this connection.
Don

They maybe they dont let you access that sewer clean-out on thier side when you need it? [Linked Image]

Either way the connection needs to be made <5' from entrance of the building, if the two units are the same structure then they are treated as one. I would also assume that it has only one service entrance, and only one water feed?
© ECN Electrical Forums