ECN Forum
Posted By: Kenbo How do you? - 11/08/06 08:49 PM
I tried to print of the post the European failure to show my students and get a bit of discussion going in the class. But when I printed it out, the adverts on the lift printed out also shoving the whole page over to the right chopping a good bit of the right hand side off so the lines were incompleate.

Can I do something so I can read the whole topic on an A4 page? (with or without adverts)
Posted By: LarryC Re: How do you? - 11/08/06 09:03 PM
ASSuming Microsoft software.

Brute force method, Open new document first, highlight the text of interest, press the "Ctrl" and "C" keys at the same time, switch over to the new document, press the "Cntrl" and "V" keys at the same time and the text should appear in the new document.

Slightly refined method. Same steps but instead of Cntrl+C and Cntrl+V, use Edit drop down menu, and select Copy to copy. Use Paste Special to paste as unformatted text.

Larry C
Posted By: Theelectrikid Re: How do you? - 11/08/06 11:38 PM
In IE on Windows:
Just highlight the text that you want to print; Hit File-Print, and click "Selection."

Firefox on any platform:
Same as IE.

Mac OS X Safari:
Couldn't tell ya.

Mac OS X Camino:
Highlight the text you want to print; File-Print, Click the drop-down menu that says "Copies and Pages", and click "Camino." Choose Selection and print.

Ian A.
Posted By: Kenbo Re: How do you? - 11/09/06 07:59 AM
Dohh
(Homer Simpson moment there)

Copy and paste works just great Thanks all

Kenny
Posted By: gfretwell Re: How do you? - 11/09/06 07:15 PM
I always copy/paste stuff like this into wordpad so I can look at what I am going to print. Usually you will end up editing something if this is something you will share or save for posterity.
I put wordpad in my start menu programs so I don't need to go looking for it. I have a picture program there too, for the same reason.
© ECN Electrical Forums