ECN Forum
Posted By: renosteinke OT : Air Show Pics - 10/15/06 06:36 PM
Jim, in Maryland, also went to an air show recently, and thought you'ld like these pics. You have no idea how hard it was to pick the 'first three'!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: e57 Re: OT : Air Show Pics - 10/15/06 08:12 PM
Looks like Jim also had an intresting place to take pictures from, like inside an aircraft....

My air-show pic's aren't that good... I'm not a pro or anything like that, but I did catch some thing kind of interesting - just wish I didn't have the lens wide at the time. Bear in mind this was hard to catch or follow through the lens, as it just hit the sound barrier about 1000' feet away. http://www.markhellerelectric.com/soundbarrier.jpg
(Big file!)
Posted By: renosteinke Re: OT : Air Show Pics - 10/15/06 10:13 PM
Mark, with a pic like that, you have nothing to apologise for! You DID catch the shock wave- amazing!
Posted By: SolarPowered Re: OT : Air Show Pics - 10/16/06 12:14 AM
Wow! Those are really amazing pics! [Linked Image]

For some odd reason, I'd expected pictures of the Reno Air Races when I opened this up. [Linked Image]

It's sad the hand-me-downs that the Air Force Reserve has to make do with. You'd think their former-reservist Commander-in-Chief could get them something a little newer. [Linked Image]
Posted By: JoeTestingEngr Re: OT : Air Show Pics - 10/16/06 02:20 AM
"Memorial Day Air Show from Jones Beach"

Was this the title of the set you got? It started with a MiG 15 or 17 and ended with a P51/F15 flyby of the Statue of Liberty. The email was making the rounds in July. Beatiful pics but I never saw any photo credits. If you didn't didn't get all 13 pics, I can fwd the email to you.
Joe
Posted By: renosteinke Re: OT : Air Show Pics - 10/16/06 04:21 AM
Joe, I have the set... I was limited in what I could load.

To be fair to Jim, he NEVER claimed to have taken these himself- just thought to share some amazing pics with the rest of us!
© ECN Electrical Forums