ECN Forum
Posted By: LK Going Once Going Twice Sold - 10/10/06 09:43 PM
Charge less, and you too can have a company like this... http://www.comly.com/
Goto auction calender, then look up October 26 Sale

Check out the catalog, very interesting.
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: Going Once Going Twice Sold - 10/10/06 09:46 PM
Les, who is the secured holder?

Any info on them?
Posted By: LK Re: Going Once Going Twice Sold - 10/10/06 09:54 PM
Not sure if it is a bank or a holding company, remember they have an MCI South company also.
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: Going Once Going Twice Sold - 10/10/06 10:03 PM
I might log in on the webcast. I could use some stuff.

I went to L&L's auction awhile ago. Some of them clowns were buying stuff at the auction for just about what you could buy it new for.

One guy bought (4) greenlee 555 with EMT shoes for $4700 each. They were beat looking.

Pony threaders went for $900, no dies.

[This message has been edited by Dnkldorf (edited 10-10-2006).]
Posted By: Tiger Re: Going Once Going Twice Sold - 10/10/06 11:35 PM
It's amazing that a company could have that many trucks and not have the business sense to make money with them.

Dave
Posted By: iwire Re: Going Once Going Twice Sold - 10/10/06 11:43 PM
Oh yeah I want to arrive to work in this.

[Linked Image from usaweb0.ipixmedia.com]

How embarrassing. [Linked Image]
Posted By: mahlere Re: Going Once Going Twice Sold - 10/10/06 11:44 PM
big union shop. alot of prevailing wage/government work. High material and labor costs, long waits for money. Retainage is a killer.

Low productivity, tight margins, you see where this is going.

Eventually, Peter didn't have enough money to rob to pay Paul with. They bought JRH Electric some years back - MCI South.

Not sure if it was bad business sense, or unfortunate circumstances that led to this.
Posted By: Tiger Re: Going Once Going Twice Sold - 10/11/06 12:04 AM
Sounds like a cash flow accident waiting to happen...we're doing $10,000,000 a year (and loosing $500,000 a year).

Dave
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Going Once Going Twice Sold - 10/11/06 12:09 AM
Iwire... I beg to disagree. A van like that...lots of visibility, lots of working space inside .... add a wheelchair lift, and loading job boxes a breeze!

The best feature, of course, is sever seats filled with grade schoolers- great for those attic and under-house crawls! [Linked Image]
Posted By: LK Re: Going Once Going Twice Sold - 10/11/06 12:23 AM
"Not sure if it was bad business sense, or unfortunate circumstances that led to this."

Most likely both, along with manufacturing operations, leaving Jersey for a more frendly state.

Bob, do you want me to bid on that bus for you?

He had more inventory, then some of our supply houses, looking at all the ladders, i wonder why his guys, had to borrow one of our ladders on a job.

[This message has been edited by LK (edited 10-10-2006).]
Posted By: mahlere Re: Going Once Going Twice Sold - 10/11/06 12:29 AM
if we could have returned all the material in our shop, or better yet that got borrowed or tossed from a jobsite, when we were union, i think I'd be retired by now.

A good friend of mine is currently working for another large union shop here in NJ. He calls me the other day to ask if we needed bolt on circuit breakers. Brand new, in the box, about $3,000 worth. Foremen told an apprentice to dump them in the trash.

Now if MCI had the same people working for them, that could have something to do with it.

BTW- it's tough to keep track of this when your foremen is from the hall and has control over the job according to the locals rules.
Posted By: Celtic Re: Going Once Going Twice Sold - 10/11/06 01:17 AM
Ol' MCI bit the dust 'eh?
I knew a few guys that worked for them...I suprised that didn't fold sooner...some of these guys had 0 talent.

Watch for "Alarms Controls" at an auction near you...they just bit the dust a week or two ago.
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: Going Once Going Twice Sold - 10/11/06 01:53 AM
Bob, I think we called them "tart carts" back then..
Posted By: Celtic Re: Going Once Going Twice Sold - 10/11/06 02:02 AM
No offense to anyone but those that ride the Short RED Bus....

[Linked Image from getpranks.com]

[Linked Image from cool-kid06.tripod.com]
Posted By: Sixer Re: Going Once Going Twice Sold - 10/11/06 02:39 AM
"Bob, I think we called them "tart carts" back then.."

Damn, I'm LMAO here. No I've never heard em called that LOL!
Posted By: Active 1 Re: Going Once Going Twice Sold - 10/15/06 03:19 PM
Wow, they got 2 short and 1 full size school buses. I would of hate to pay over $3 a gallon to fill up 50+ trucks every week.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Going Once Going Twice Sold - 10/18/06 01:16 PM
Unbelievable Les,
Now that's what I call an auction!.
© ECN Electrical Forums