ECN Forum
Posted By: GETELECTRIC loud mouths - 04/27/06 10:05 PM
Anybody ever worked for somebody that was so full of themselve and this person might have diplomas different trade certificates but in all actuality knew very little or did very little.........hmm.
Posted By: mahlere Re: loud mouths - 04/27/06 10:10 PM
yep. still work for him.

oops, forgot, I'm self-employed [Linked Image]
Posted By: Roger Re: loud mouths - 04/27/06 10:37 PM
[Linked Image from fadzter.com]

Roger
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: loud mouths - 04/27/06 10:56 PM
mahlere LOL! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Got a new "Boss's Boss" once. 'Sir', PhD, C.Eng, MIMechE, OBE, GCMG, ( God Calls Me God! is the Civil Service sarcastic wording ), The Lord x of y, blah blah, etc.., a most aggressive, bombastic, self-opinionated, "fear-generator" type- [ you may not recognise them as they are as nice as pie to the trades and workers but impossible suicide-inducing bar-stewards to managers and above ]. Took him round the plant to show him my new 2000lb bomb line, and within 5 minutes he was explaining to me how he was going to rearrange production, machinery and buildings facilities for better efficiency, less men, better storage, more profit. He was most affonted when I told him, [ I always call a spade a ruddy shovel, best policy when dealing with fools ], that his illegal, unconsidered and dangerous ideas would probably result in putting all 1000 acres of factory into low-earth orbit.
He lasted 3 months and went back to making wings. Cor! I bet they groaned as loud as I sighed with relief when they saw him clamber back out of his limo at Farnborough!

Alan
Posted By: e57 Re: loud mouths - 04/28/06 12:04 AM
Project Manager?
Posted By: livetoride Re: loud mouths - 04/28/06 12:14 AM
When I was a "top helper" waiting to journey out working at a refinery construction site in Wy my Foreman gave me a journeyman that was grandfathered in for his license. After one day I told the Foreman he was a worthless loudmouth His reply was "I have known Him for 30 yrs and one day he may be a real electrician" just keep him out of trouble. I had to wear earplugs but survived. Rod
Posted By: BigJohn Re: loud mouths - 04/28/06 12:40 AM
I work for a guy like that. He constantly brags about his achievements while doing his best to knock everybody else down. To those of you who run crews, you'd do well to remember that this is a really ineffective way to manage your men.

He has some good traits. He's generally fast at his work, for example; and he's no dunce. But every good trait ends up being totally overwhelmed by the fact that he runs his mouth all the time and in the end, I just don't like working with him.

I think when trying to teach or lead, the trick is to have enough confidence to allow yourself to be humble.

-John
Posted By: LK Re: loud mouths - 04/28/06 12:48 AM
"I think when trying to teach or lead, the trick is to have enough confidence to allow yourself to be humble."

True John, this is what i found, most of the good engineers operated this way.
Posted By: briselec Re: loud mouths - 04/29/06 12:52 PM
You mean like a lot of the electrical engineers here who get paid thousands of dollars to write specifications that I just throw in the bin.
I do the design work myself nowadays.
Posted By: renosteinke Re: loud mouths - 04/29/06 02:19 PM
I just remember what the Nuns at school often said:

"Empty barrels make the most noise."
Posted By: steve ancient apprentice Re: loud mouths - 04/29/06 02:37 PM
I hear it all the time. I just keep on working. Loved it when I was told to float a box under the dishwasher cause the cable was too short. Loved it when the GC told us to put the toe kick in for the dishwasher. Loved it when I told the boss we had no cover plates for the boxes. Loved it when he told me to put the toe kick on and never mind the cover. Just beautiful. And then he tells me how good he is.
© ECN Electrical Forums