ECN Forum
Posted By: Haligan Code for 2 NM per 1 clamp in Flo lights - 04/24/06 04:32 PM
I have some utility flo lights for a garage install. Is it permissable to have two NM cables in the same clamp that's attached to the metal fixture housing? I thumbed through the 1999 code and couldn't come up with much except for the usual "plastic box ok" "metal box no way".

- H
You need to check the mfg instructions on the fixture (if the clamp is built in) or the connector if it's separate. The NEC does not deal with specific products and won't answer your question.
Posted By: Haligan Re: Code for 2 NM per 1 clamp in Flo lights - 04/24/06 07:44 PM
It's a plain ol' 1/2 ko clamp. I get those in bulk and don't see any info on restrictions.
Posted By: Redsy Re: Code for 2 NM per 1 clamp in Flo lights - 04/24/06 08:52 PM
Most NM connectors are labeled (on the carton) for more than one cable, depending on size.
Even the plastic button connectors are labeled for multiple cables.
If the label on the box says it's OK, Article 110.3(B) permits it
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Code for 2 NM per 1 clamp in Flo lights - 04/25/06 07:54 AM
If the packaging has no listing information, check that Manufacturer's website.
It might take some time, but you should be able to find listings on their site - in either HTML text right on the page, or from a downloaded spec/cut sheet (normally an Adobe Acrobat file or .PDF).

If they do not have any listings anywhere, do not use that Company's stuff ever again!!! [Linked Image]

Also fill their mailbox with "Nasty Grams" (e-mail and snail mail).
[Linked Image]

Scott35
© ECN Electrical Forums