ECN Forum
Posted By: NJwirenut Seen this one yet? - 04/14/06 12:43 PM
http://www.aifittings.com/whnew85.htm

Might prevent some of the "modified LB" violations that get posted here from time to time....
Posted By: Jim M Re: Seen this one yet? - 04/14/06 02:10 PM
I wonder if you can get extra flanges for all those extra holes.
Posted By: macmikeman Re: Seen this one yet? - 04/14/06 04:06 PM
Same thought. Diy's are gonna love those. We will start seeing lb's with 3 or 4 conduits coming out of them.
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Seen this one yet? - 04/14/06 04:16 PM
Same thought. Diy's are gonna love those. We will start seeing lb's with 3 or 4 conduits coming out of them

One motion detector, 3 par sockets and a conduit. [Linked Image]
Posted By: ghost307 Re: Seen this one yet? - 04/14/06 05:27 PM
I wonder how long it'll take before they bring out the receptacle that fits in that thing.
This thing is a fire just looking for a place to happen!!
Posted By: Fred Re: Seen this one yet? - 04/14/06 08:27 PM
On the other hand, it's pretty cool to only stock one item on the service truck that will handle several applications.
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Seen this one yet? - 04/14/06 11:45 PM
Ghost, I hate to burst your bubbly....but there used to be receptacles made to fit in conduit bodies! I'll see if I can find a pic.
Posted By: electure Re: Seen this one yet? - 04/14/06 11:45 PM
I think this fitting is pretty unsightly, but it sure wouldn't hurt to have one on the truck.

"We will start seeing lb's with 3 or 4 conduits coming out of them"

[Linked Image]

"I wonder how long it'll take before they bring out the receptacle that fits in that thing."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 04-14-2006).]
Posted By: harold endean Re: Seen this one yet? - 04/16/06 12:00 AM
Did you see the light that attaches to that fitting? I posted it in the Photos for discussion forum. I think Bob or Trumpy knows where.
Posted By: electure Re: Seen this one yet? - 04/16/06 12:46 AM
Here you go, Harold's pictures [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: e57 Re: Seen this one yet? - 04/16/06 06:43 AM
Wow.... Dem thangs UG-LY!
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: Seen this one yet? - 04/16/06 07:16 AM
And I was thinking that's a beautiful green fired enamel, lovely black lining, but each to his own I suppose. Totally heat-proof fitting as well...Make a nice shade modified for a lamp over a workbench perhaps, Harold?

Alan
Posted By: e57 Re: Seen this one yet? - 04/16/06 07:33 AM
The 'China Hat" shade is wonderfull... Doing a whole resturant full of them right now. (Recycled)

I was talking about the LB/T/C/LR/LL fitting that started the thread.....
Posted By: harold endean Re: Seen this one yet? - 04/18/06 01:17 AM
I worked with my old boss many years ago in a brand new restaraunt and we were suppose to hang up a dozen or more of those lights. The owner said to wait a minute he wanted to adjust the lights before giving them to us. He then proceeded to take a baseball bat and smash the flat green hanging light shades until they looked like they were old. Then he told us to hang them up. Go figure!
Posted By: briselec Re: Seen this one yet? - 04/18/06 07:25 AM
He then proceeded to take a baseball bat and smash the flat green hanging light shades until they looked like they were old. Then he told us to hang them up.

How much extra do you charge for the "beaten by a baseball bat" look?
© ECN Electrical Forums