ECN Forum
Posted By: bot540 Mmm, I love fish sticks - 02/13/06 12:06 AM
Seriously, these things are great. Especially the glow in the dark ones that greenlee makes. They work much better than a tape for fishing walls. I would highly urge you to get them if they already aren't on your truck.
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Mmm, I love fish sticks - 02/13/06 12:38 AM
I have the Greenlee (non glowing) rods- the short ones- and find it quite usefull.

I didn't know Greenlee made the glowing ones....guess they're new...but I see that here at ECN we are selling "Moon Glow" rods.

Sometimes you forget to look right under your nose :-)
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Mmm, I love fish sticks - 02/13/06 02:32 AM
I've got the Dottie brand ones that are moon glow and they've come in handy sooo many times! Especially handy for insulated walls [Linked Image]
Posted By: ShockMe77 Re: Mmm, I love fish sticks - 02/13/06 03:01 AM
I don't have the Greenlee one's but I have something simliar. They really do come in handy, especially when I work alone. But the biggest problem I have with them is the threaded ends that keep breaking off. I use the sticks mostly to go up and down vent stacks to get lines from the basement to the attic. Sometimes the bend radius is too sharp and the ends break off.
Posted By: macmikeman Re: Mmm, I love fish sticks - 02/13/06 03:05 AM
Another handy item is to never throw away an old or broken non metallic fish tape. Short sections of it make great fishing rods that are more bendable than the moonglow sticks, thus they go around corners better. (read this as inside 2x4 construction through small openings.)
© ECN Electrical Forums