ECN Forum
Posted By: Redsy Rough inspection without service panel? - 02/04/06 11:11 PM
Has anyone had a residential rough wire inspection without the service panels installed? Are the panels necessary?
Never heard of a rough without having the panels in. We didnt install breakers for the rough but all the wires were in the panel for it.
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Rough inspection without service panel? - 02/04/06 11:27 PM
Redsy:
We do 'rough' wire, either with or without the service being installed.

John
Yes, It can be done . Here you can have a rough wire inspection and not have service completed. You will not get the service released to the poco until it is completed and inspected. I have always had the service and rough in at the same time.
Posted By: Redsy Re: Rough inspection without service panel? - 02/05/06 12:18 AM
Thanks,Guys!
I usually do the service first, or at the asme time, but circumstances interfere this time, and I want to send out a bill for the rough.

Hotline,

It is in Edgewater Park, near Willingboro.
I'm a little anxious about my first NJ inspection. You guys are supposedly pretty thorough, and I didn't want to overlook some thing stupid.
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: Rough inspection without service panel? - 02/05/06 06:56 PM
Redsy overlook something?

Not a chance....

Dnk..
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Rough inspection without service panel? - 02/05/06 07:20 PM
Redsy:
Na, you won't do nothing stupid!
I don't know anyone down that way.
But...the UCC and NEC is statewide, so on that note you should be fine.

As I said, normally, rough wire can be done without the service, service can be done without rough, but you need a "load" to keep the POCO happy.

EC's in the twp that I work in usually do rough & service, unless it's $$$, or the siding isn't up.

John
Here there are service inspections, rough inspections, and final inspections. No need for the panel to be installed for anything other than the service inspection.
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Rough inspection without service panel? - 02/06/06 10:41 PM
Scott:
You can get a final without a panel????

HA! HA!
Just joking around; you opened the door, so....

John
© ECN Electrical Forums