ECN Forum
Posted By: Lostazhell Convincing? - 10/15/05 12:41 AM
I've been trying my hardest to comply with the notes on a set of E-sheets I've been given, but #4 is a stumper.... These outlets just dont seem convinced! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Posted By: Rich Thomas Re: Convincing? - 10/15/05 12:53 AM
Yes, you're right.

I'm sure what's meant is "convenience outlets" rather than "convince outlets."

Rich
Posted By: Tesla Re: Convincing? - 10/15/05 01:00 AM
I can see that you are lost as...

If you can't convince a receptacle audience then how can you expect to nail down your extras?

Get it together man....

BTW no one ever reads the print or its scale. It takes time away from construction. How do you expect to make any money doing that?
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Convincing? - 10/15/05 01:36 AM
And to think that, on another thread, someone wondered why I was not impressed by the title "engineer!" :-)
Posted By: Roger Re: Convincing? - 10/15/05 01:49 AM
Randy, you will have to know where the outlets were made before you can approach them with a dialect to convince them with.

Roger
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: Convincing? - 10/15/05 01:53 AM
They just need a stern talking to.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Convincing? - 10/15/05 02:00 AM
hehe,
That's a good one Randy! [Linked Image]
Posted By: sierra electrician Re: Convincing? - 10/15/05 04:46 AM
Note #3 125V Single phase recept.

Is there a 125V, 3 Phase Recept?
Posted By: pauluk Re: Convincing? - 10/15/05 11:20 AM
This reminds me of the signs on the emergency doors in one of my local supermarkets: "Warning: This door is alarmed."

Really? It doesn't even look mildy worried to me! [Linked Image]

Is there a 125V, 3 Phase Recept?

We have 110V 3-ph recepts. here for building site power. [Linked Image]
Posted By: LK Re: Convincing? - 10/15/05 08:36 PM
Randy, If you like , you may borrow my Ugley Stick, that may convince them.
Posted By: Ron Re: Convincing? - 10/15/05 09:17 PM
Reno,
Take it easy. Unless your perfect, there may have been one or two benign things that you messed up on a project. Pages and pages of punchlists and rejected/incomplete shop drawings on most projects indicate that many folks, including EC's, occasionally make the equivalent mistake as an EE's typo.
I make loads of mistakes, and learn from each one, just like everyone should. When you become perfect, ..... well let us know.
Cheap shots aren't warranted.

[This message has been edited by Ron (edited 10-15-2005).]
Posted By: electure Re: Convincing? - 10/15/05 11:19 PM
As I see it,
Both ECs and EEs have their shares of errors.

It's just human nature to blame the other for the unsatisfactory results.
What's important I think for either to do is to admit to these shortcomings, and do what they can to rectify them.
Face it, there are different levels of both, there are hack engineers as well as hack electricians.

It's the sense of responsibility and ethics that either tradesman takes with them, on a personal basis, that makes the difference.

I think the members here stand head and shoulders above the rest in that respect.
Don't forget guys, you're the cream of the crop.
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Convincing? - 10/15/05 11:26 PM
For everyone's convenience, I'm convinced. :-)
Posted By: Ron Re: Convincing? - 10/16/05 12:30 AM
Sounds very convincing. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Ron (edited 10-15-2005).]
Posted By: LK Re: Convincing? - 10/16/05 03:05 AM
I have worked with Electrical Engineers, since i started in the trade, I have worked with EIT's and Senior EE's, with the EIT's i would always try to form a good working relationship, while others would find any fault, and refuse to work out problems, i would spend the time to explain, why we do it that way, and work with them to resolve any job issues, the projects not only went well, i also gained a lot of knowledge, from these working relationships.
Most of these Engineers are Department heads and CEO's today, they done good!

Help that engineer, and help yourself.
© ECN Electrical Forums