ECN Forum
Posted By: derater Volunteer electricians - 09/05/05 11:59 AM
Maybe some of the local elec. shops / guys down south can help w/ this.After the cleanup they'll be lots of elec. re-hab to do.Maybe there could be a couple of reference areas to put volunteer sparky together w/ locals to get the juice flowing.
Will La., Miss., Ala. waive liciensing for the short term? Any of you bigger shops want to step up with this?
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: Volunteer electricians - 09/05/05 12:23 PM
I've been thinking about this also. My problem is that we are already short handed. Trying to send even 2 men would seriously hurt our ability to keep up with our current work load.
Posted By: ShockMe77 Re: Volunteer electricians - 09/05/05 03:24 PM
I consider myself to be a great American and I would like nothing more than to help in any way I can. I donated as much as I could to the Red Cross twice this weekend. My problem is I live in New Jersey, am single, and really cannot afford to just buy a plane ticket and head on down to Louisiana for the weekend. If there was some sort of caravan going down there from the Northeast I would so be there. Even if it meant missing work for 7-10 days I would do it. I just dont have means of getting there.
Posted By: sberry27 Re: Volunteer electricians - 09/05/05 05:33 PM
A bud of mine that is an equipmet operator said there was a call for as many men as they could get, 7/12's, not sure of the details or who is paying the bills but I think in short order you will be able to get paid to go. I am going to write check to salvation army I think.

[This message has been edited by sberry27 (edited 09-05-2005).]
© ECN Electrical Forums