ECN Forum
Posted By: KBSHORTS Parabolic lens cleaning - 07/27/05 08:01 PM
Customer has asked for us to clean approx. 200 parabolic lenses in their facility. My past attempts at cleaning parabolic lenses have not gone well and I have been considering using one of the cleaning services that use an ultrasonic method. Anybody got any suggestions or ideas that may have worked?
Thanks, KB
Posted By: poorboy Re: Parabolic lens cleaning - 07/27/05 09:36 PM
Thought they made a tool similar to a feather duster for them, but I have never used one...is it primarily dry dust you are trying to remove?
Posted By: frank Re: Parabolic lens cleaning - 07/27/05 11:17 PM
feather duster and compressed air is all i ever use.You have to use latex gloves with some because the grease from your hand causes a permanent stain.To be honest i never seem to get them perfectly clean either.

[This message has been edited by frank (edited 07-27-2005).]
Posted By: e57 Re: Parabolic lens cleaning - 07/28/05 12:53 AM
Mind went somewhere else... Parbolic lenses... Like the kind used in a light house? Wow cool!

Ok I'm back.

I think one of those traveling ultrasonic tanks in a truck would be perfect for that!

Many years ago, I worked at a hospital that had one show up every week. Just sit in the loading dock and dump stuff in, and pack it back out to the CSR for sterilization.

I think the only draw back would be cost... And it might be out wieghed by just getting new ones. Otherwise a fantastic idea, just have them all ready. No waiting....
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Parabolic lens cleaning - 07/28/05 01:10 AM
I think maybe he means those "egg crate" reflectors used in ceiling troffers.
Posted By: Gregtaylor Re: Parabolic lens cleaning - 07/29/05 06:52 PM
If they've been there a while without cleaning the dust will not come out with a feather duster. I just went through this and I'd say a mobile service is perfect even if costly. You just can't get 'em clean.
Posted By: iwire Re: Parabolic lens cleaning - 07/29/05 10:25 PM
Do you have access to a commercial dishwasher?

You would be surprised what a good job they do as parts washers. [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums