ECN Forum
Posted By: up n comin sparky some silly electrician - 07/25/05 11:13 PM
im in the process of renovating a chip shop. im not actually doing the electrics at the moment but i am about to take the job on if it comes to it. The electrician on the job has put both a lighting circuit and a power/socket circuit in the same 32Amp MCB. ive have told him that is wrong and dangerous - but he persists that it is correct. Can anybody verify my opinion? If I am correct, which I am sure I am, what is my next step? shall i take the job and change the problem? Shall I notify the NEC as this electrician is supposed to be a tester and issue certificates? Or should I leave him to it which is a danger to those using the appliances? I would like alot of feedback please because I will be using these replies in a site meeting to try and correct the problem.

Thanks
Adam
Posted By: Trumpy Re: some silly electrician - 07/25/05 11:36 PM
Hi Adam,
Welcome to ECN!, [Linked Image]
The electrician on the job has put both a lighting circuit and a power/socket circuit in the same 32Amp MCB. ive have told him that is wrong and dangerous - but he persists that it is correct.
Boy is that guy gonna come back down to earth with a thud!!. [Linked Image]
I'm assuming that this is a Ring circuit that you are referring to, for the power sockets?.
Posted By: Roger Re: some silly electrician - 07/25/05 11:52 PM
Adam, welcome to the forum.

I don't think the NEC would have any bearing on your dilemma, I think this would be better addressed by some of the UK members so I'm going to move your topic the the Non-US Electrical Systems & Trades area click the link below to follow your topic

https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000837.html

BTW, Trumpy may be right. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Roger

[This message has been edited by Roger (edited 07-25-2005).]
© ECN Electrical Forums