ECN Forum
Posted By: CanadianSparky Lutron seminars - 06/07/05 03:12 AM
Anyone been to these seminars? Specifically were looking at the 4 day certificate course?
Posted By: Active 1 Re: Lutron seminars - 06/07/05 04:38 AM
A 4 day class? Is that the one where you go to the HQ to learn about there higher end line. After the training you can purchase some items other EC's can't? If that's the one it might be good.

The most I've done is a day here and 1/2 day there localy put on by the supplier. It does not hurt. Something I don't like is it's 1/2 training and 1/2 selling you on the products. Never seems like they get deep enough in the training for me. More of a product overview and features. Some of the local training was done by a maketing company. So you have a sales person telling you how to hook them up and sell them.

Sorta like I know how to hook up a Maestro dimmer but never really figured out what wire does what to make it work or troubleshoot.

Tom
Posted By: e57 Re: Lutron seminars - 06/07/05 09:20 AM
If your talking about 4 days in Penn for Homeworks, go ahead. Mainly its a primer on programming, and yes, a lot of sales training. I have not gone for it, don't have time, too busy installing nuts and bolts. We have one PM who went, and does most of our programming, I mess around with it, its not hard, but I assume it would be easier if I had gone. Although I assume most of the actual "learning" happens after they give a password to on-line tech support.

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 06-07-2005).]
Posted By: Matt Barrett Re: Lutron seminars - 06/07/05 09:50 PM
I did the Advanced Residential (Homeworks) course in PA, it was quite fun.

They pretty much own you for the time; you take a tour bus from the hotel, to the training center, to dinner and back to the hotel.

They take you to the engineering building and to a tour of one production plant.

A laptop is required as the entire course is centered on programming the systems.

Plus free beer!
Posted By: Tom H Re: Lutron seminars - 06/10/05 07:25 PM
I have done the training in PA for HomeWorks, as well as training in Virginia for their Sivoia QED shading systems and the training in florida for RadioRa. Also I have gone to their road shows where it's a re-visit of the seminar courses.

Lutron has been a large part of my business and a good source on non-lighting control leads.

If you can get in, take the classes. It is well worth the time invested.

If you check my profile, you can see my webpage.

[This message has been edited by Tom H (edited 06-10-2005).]
Posted By: frank Re: Lutron seminars - 06/14/05 11:50 PM
There is a lighttroller FREE on line certificate course as well if you are interested.Good filler for the resume and they will courier it to you http://www.canlyte.com/tech_www/08_lighting.asp

[This message has been edited by frank (edited 06-14-2005).]
© ECN Electrical Forums