ECN Forum
Posted By: sparky the "Untouchables" - 11/02/01 01:45 AM
A 1104ICX rec. can instructs as follows:

for 1131 & 1133 sloped cieling trims, Mounting frame must be installed with JB on the downhill side.

A 1131 trim for said can comes with instructions as follows;

Mounting frame must be installed with JB on the uphill side

[Linked Image]

This is just one example of the many little glitches i've found after i realized being a literate tradesman might be interesting.
I usually can find a tech-support #, or better yet, an e-mail to pass this on. I really am either trying to help or be helped....But everytime i do , the response reads like some sort of third world propaganda...

blah, blah, blah, blah Mr. Sparky blah, blah , blah, blah, blah , thank you for your concern.
Mz. roundfile
Customer snowball rep.

Do i need more fiber in my diet?
Posted By: nesparky Re: the "Untouchables" - 11/02/01 10:14 PM
No you do not need more fiber, just have to find a supplier/manufacturer that is willing to be honest. Most are too worried about lawsuits to admit they may have made a mistake.
Posted By: Redsy Re: the "Untouchables" - 11/02/01 11:29 PM
sparky,
Thinking about it, I would go with the can instructions. It makes more sense to have the j-box below the heat radiated from the fixture then above it.
Posted By: sparky Re: the "Untouchables" - 11/03/01 12:55 AM
The JB is where the cutout is (near), so i thought it had a bearing.

Do any of you guys dog the manufacturer's, i don't mean the supply house countermen ( & women...sorry) I mean the engineers that design the stuff we install....
Posted By: Tom Re: the "Untouchables" - 11/03/01 01:11 AM
If you'd just throw away those pesky instructions, you wouldn't be having these problems. To paraphrase a statement by Mark Twain regarding spelling- it's an awful poor electrician that can only install electrical equipment one way. (Note: tongue is stuck firmly in cheek).

Tom
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: the "Untouchables" - 11/03/01 03:44 AM
Sparky,

I'd call 'em up and ask.

Just a thought - They may have had a reason to revise the instructions. Where is the thermal protector? it may matter which way it is (above or below) as far a sensitivity. Is one revision newer than the other?

(Be sure to let us know what they say)

Bill
Posted By: sparky Re: the "Untouchables" - 11/03/01 09:15 AM
Bill,
it ( the thermal) is near the JB
(i called it a cutout). I really only posted this as one example, it seems i get the corporate snow job a lot, makes a guy feel small...inconseqential.
I have invited some to your ( as well as other) forums, but they never show. One would think a little constructive critique would be condusive to a better product. Collectively, the posters here would be the best consumer review solicited. [Linked Image]
Posted By: sparky Re: the "Untouchables" - 11/03/01 10:59 AM
God...i can barely reach the keyboard now....
[Linked Image]

edit cause i bcan se t typ...

[This message has been edited by sparky (edited 11-03-2001).]
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: the "Untouchables" - 11/03/01 03:48 PM
Aw, heck Steve, I edit almost every post... Otherwise you couldn't read it!!!

I hope it isn't annoying to some... I'm a perfectionist...

I only edit mistakes that may make things unclear, and usually within 24 hours I won't edit anymore...

Should I apologize?
© ECN Electrical Forums