ECN Forum
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 05/26/05 11:00 AM
Ugly! But loved!

Let's see your pet.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: electure Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 05/27/05 11:52 PM
Part of the crew in an old pic from my "horse days" [Linked Image]

2 Queensland Heelers, Foxie and Marie.
Front and center is Ready, a Who Knows Terrier (Did somebody say "ugly"?).
These three and a couple of more could control a 150 horse herd without any problem, worked whenever asked, and never complained.
The black lump in the back was named Trash Can. She was very skilled at dumpster diving, sleeping, and getting stepped on.

Bless Their Souls.

[Linked Image]

If any of you want a picture of your pet(s) put up, feel free to send it to me and I'll add it to the thread.

electure@sbcglobal.net

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 05-27-2005).]
Posted By: luckyshadow Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 05/28/05 12:18 AM
Do me a favor ...
Give your "best friend " a hug tonight !
My Great Dane was taken by cancer 2 weeks ago. But "Shadow" will always be in my heart.
Posted By: Roger Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 05/28/05 12:37 AM
Luckyshadow, I have been there and have cried alot of tears over lost pets that are actually family members and friends more than they are animals, this is in my mind as well as theirs. [Linked Image] My condolences.

It may cause another tear but the web page below is a favorite of mine.
http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html/

Roger
Posted By: luckyshadow Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 05/28/05 12:51 AM
Roger -
Thanks
Posted By: Admin Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 05/30/05 02:46 AM
Heres a Picture of my dog, a goofy Golden Retriever. born on Christmas day, hence the name Holly [Linked Image]

- Jon AKA Walrus
[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 05-30-2005).]
Posted By: electure Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/01/05 04:02 AM
From Alan Belson

This is Mac, (short for McDonald), aged about 13, found in a dog rescue centre when he was about 3..

[Linked Image]

And this is William, aged 7, a Tshit-zui.

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 06-01-2005).]
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/01/05 04:16 AM
Sure- but can any of them pull wire through crawl spaces for you?
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/01/05 10:33 AM
Reno,

Mac: Only if there was a rat on the other end.

William: Only if there was a chocolate bar on the other end.
Posted By: The_Judge Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/02/05 04:13 AM
My boy, Pikey:
[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Them other dogs my wife keeps throwing food to, Hans & Bronson:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/georgestolz/1HansBronson.jpg
Chewy:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/georgestolz/1Chewy.jpg
Gabby, Clem, Porter:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/georgestolz/1Cats.jpg
My lovely wife on Lacy:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/georgestolz/1RobinLacy.jpg
A stellar picture of Shyann's and my fanny:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/georgestolz/1GeorgeShyAnn.jpg
Our newest horse, an Arabian named Leo:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/georgestolz/1Leo.jpg

And I wonder why I have no money...
Editted for mercy on us slow dial-up guys. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by The_Judge (edited 06-02-2005).]
Posted By: Steve Miller Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/02/05 06:54 PM
Dern Joe, you describe your dog using the same three words my wife uses to describe me ... you been talking to her?
Posted By: Roger Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/05/05 10:12 PM
From Renosteinke.

I, and my best friend, beg to differ. Correct that, I beg- cats never beg!

[Linked Image]

This is Motzie.

Roger

[This message has been edited by Roger (edited 06-05-2005).]
Posted By: sockets Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/06/05 10:32 PM
Re to a previous post...My dog's name is Holly as well as we found her right after Christmas 1994. [Linked Image]
Posted By: electure Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/07/05 11:43 AM
From NORCAL

Here is a pic of one of my cats. Hope this does not turn into a dogs VS
cats
thread. [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/08/05 01:43 AM
Dog= bad. That's why we frownon 'dog-legs.'
Cat= good. The more the better. As in, Cat 6 is better than Cat 5.

Of course, Mice are a big help in pulling wire. Batwings are useful for hanging conduit and MC. Gorillas make something that also eases wire pulls.

We're not electricians...we're zookeepers!
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/08/05 11:29 AM
It appears from a TV newscast today that somewhere in the midwest, a mad dog bit an AHJ Inspector. After being given anti-serum injections, vitamins and treatment for shock, the dog was allowed to go home.
Alan.
Posted By: dougwells Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/08/05 08:03 PM
Roger Posted
Luckyshadow, I have been there and have cried alot of tears over lost pets that are actually family members and friends more than they are animals, this is in my mind as well as theirs. My condolences.
It may cause another tear but the web page below is a favorite of mine. http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html/

Roge

Thanks Roger when my Dog "Holli" bouvier des flanders Passed away 2 summmers ago someone sent me the same poem.

And of course still miss her at times as She was with me for many hard years of trying to build a business.
Posted By: electure Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/08/05 11:44 PM
Found: 1 Cat

This one forwarded via Joe Tedesco, with the Cat's name, Domino.
The member didn't include his own name, though.

Please Claim Your Cat! [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Roger Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/09/05 12:08 AM
There's a one eared cat across the highway from us (we think it's a brother to a stray we took in a few years back) that we have named Vincent. [Linked Image]

Roger
Posted By: JCooper Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/09/05 03:08 AM
This is Alex, he was adopted about 5 months ago , he is five. Still trying to teach him to fetch parts off the truck, every time I send him for some 1/4-20's he keeps bringing me 12-24's....

[Linked Image from blueemu.org]

some more pics http://www.blueemu.org/alexdog.html

[This message has been edited by JCooper (edited 06-08-2005).]
Posted By: gideonr Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/09/05 09:50 PM
The one-eared cat is mine! She got skin cancer on her ear recently, common with white cats.

Oh yeah, she'll have a dog for breakfast.

Gideon.
Posted By: walrus Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/10/05 12:00 AM
Is Alex a Chesepeake(sp?) Retreiver??
Posted By: JCooper Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/10/05 04:23 AM
We are not sure what Alex is, the people at the shelter said he was retreiver/something. He has a lab head, retreiver coat and an irish setter color. Its funny when my girlfriend walks him because they are both redheads, not the plastic type.
Posted By: walrus Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/10/05 08:42 PM
Chesepeake retreivers look alot like Alex, generally very strong swimmers and aggressive hunters. Good duck dogs
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/10/05 09:21 PM
Is that why the Canada Goose looks a bit wary?
Alan
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/10/05 09:25 PM
D*mn it Reno, your cat is violating the building code again! Do I have to write him a citation or what?

...cats these days...... [Linked Image]
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/10/05 11:27 PM
:-) Ryan! Would you believe me if I told you she was the 'audible signalling device?'
Posted By: electure Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/11/05 11:04 AM
From GFretwell]

This is Auggie Doggie

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Admin Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/12/05 04:20 AM
Here's a picture of my cat, Gizmo (Hey, he could fit in the other thread too...) in a typical attitude pose. He greatly enjoys getting in the way while I work on anything and is a real camera ham. He has been known to attack vacuum cleaners and other plastic objects.

As a kitten he discovered early on not to chew on power cords, he got hit pretty good by my waterbed heater!

He also supervised the recent rewire of my apartment. [Linked Image]

- mxslick
[Linked Image]
Posted By: NORCAL Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/12/05 07:11 AM
Just remember with dogs, you are family, with cats you are just the hired help.
Posted By: rhiphi Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/12/05 10:56 AM
ok how do i post a pic of my girls ?????????????
Posted By: Roger Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/12/05 11:15 AM
Rhiphi, e-mail the pictures to the Webmaster or any of the moderators and they will post them for you.

Roger
Posted By: Roger Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 06/17/05 12:01 AM
Rhiphi's buds. [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Roger
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 07/08/05 04:34 PM
OK Joe,
Try and get 2 cats in the same place at the same time when you have a camera with you.
But here are my cats:

[Linked Image]

Minnie to the left (the mother cat) and Mickie (the young boy) to the right.
You might notice that there is a tree missing in the pic and a lot of saw-dust lying about.
I had just got rid of an old Cabbage Tree (no Alan, it doesn't grow cabbages).
It was threatening to fall on my house in the next best wind gust.
Somehow my cats love saw-dust and what did they do after they'd rolled around in the saw-dust?.
Like most cats, they went to bed, my bed as it happened, it took me 3 days to get rid of the saw-dust.
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 07/08/05 10:02 PM
I hope you had the timber planked up and put in stick Mike, worth a good few dollars in 3 or 4 years. There's a rumour going round that you too have caught the 'woodworking bug'!
Alan
Posted By: Roger Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 07/11/05 11:15 PM
From Ian A (AKA Theelectrikid)

"This isn't a dog, but he comes over to me every time he sees one or
hears the word "wire," or, "electricity." [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Roger

[This message has been edited by Roger (edited 07-11-2005).]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 07/12/05 11:49 AM
Alan,
I hope you had the timber planked up and put in stick Mike, worth a good few dollars in 3 or 4 years. There's a rumour going round that you too have caught the 'woodworking bug'!
Personally mate, Cabbage Tree wood is practically useless as a constructional timber.
It is too porous as a wood to do anything with.
It takes ages to dry and it suffers from serious shakes and buckling once it is dried out.
Oddly enough, the Maori's in New Zealand used to eat it in a soup.
The tree itself is hollow, but in the younger trees the core is soft, almost like cooked rice.
By the way, what's this about a "wood-working bug?" [Linked Image]
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 07/12/05 03:14 PM
Mike, a little birdie tole me you made a nice coffee table for your sister. That's how it starts mate, tingly nose, sneezing, then an urge to make a coffee table- next thing you know you're addicted to tool shops and are planning a workshop bigger than the house!
Cabbage-Tree wood sounds a bit like Elderberry, with a pith core and useless hollow trunk timber. You can make a cordial with the flowers but the fruit is only fit for birds and amateur wine making. I have so much timber planked up and in stick from windfalls I hardly know where to put it all- currently 2 large walnut trees, 2 cherrys, a chestnut, oak, alder, a scots pine, burr ash, sequoia, cedar, plus some laurel and box for turning.
JHC!! The RAF just buzzed the house at zero feet, 2 Jaguars and 2 Hercules! Either WWIII just started of there's a joint excercise on! I'm outa here!

Alan
Posted By: Theelectrikid Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 07/12/05 05:45 PM
Oops! Forgot something in thye e-Mail! The cat's name is Mikey, a male marmalade tabby (or Tiger, or something.) Also have a grey Tiger/Tabby. TYPO CORRECTION: "This isn't a dog, but he comes over to me every time he sees a wire, hears the word "wire," or, "electricity. This is him holding a piece of UF insulation that he was playing with, but, like most cats, he got bored, and went to sleep."
Ian A.

[This message has been edited by Theelectrikid (edited 07-16-2005).]
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Electrician's Dog, a best friend! - 07/13/05 01:31 AM
OK sports fans! As I see it, the score now is:
Dog owners 8
Cat servants 7
© ECN Electrical Forums