ECN Forum
Abandoned electrical systems are required to be removed in many areas. How about your area?

[Linked Image]
In this area, MA and RI I have never heard of any such rule for the removal of equipment like the equipment in the photo.
Here are some other typical problems -- be careful not to come into contact with these wires, they may be energized, or abandoned.

I think that they should be removed, especially if the property values are to be elevated in your part of the world or if you want the kids to see their next birthday!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
If the equipment or wires are still connected to a power source, then then must be covered, protected or removed. If they are not connected to a power source, they are not an electrical safety hazard.
don
This is just silly. [Linked Image] You are showing apples and oranges. Of course the wiring in the pictures should be denergized or made safe. However once that is done I see no hazard with leaving it or equipment in place.
Around here, those Zinsco Breakers would have been removed long, long ago, by another type of "Cult"
[Linked Image]
("Cult" referring to the tagging on the electrical equipment of the 1st image)

Scott35
Scott,
Maybe the tagger was more right than you think?.
I'm guessing C.U.L.T = Cover Up Live Terminals.
Sorry. [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums