ECN Forum
Posted By: Active 1 Mold Repairs - 02/02/05 03:31 AM
I was looking at a job in an old apartment building. The orignal electricl was done with ridgid pipe and threaded fittings.

Anyway the building had fire on the 2nd floor. Someone elce started the reparis. It had new 100 A sub panels in each unit with 1 1/4 EMT going back to the service. The feeders were pulled. Some 1/2 pipework was started on.

The roof had a major hole that was not covered. Rain, snow and ice came in parts on the building and maybe it had some water damage from the fire also.

The contractors were fired because of the damages.

Now mold was a concern. So some mold repair company wants to come in a gut the place to get out any chance of mold.

They plan on taking out evey pipe new and old in the building because of possable mold contamination. Except for the service every thing elce gets thrown out. The new sub panels, water heaters, furnaces, pipe, and wire.

Because the mold company is a possable customer I tried not to laugh. I questioned it some wheather it was needed but did not want to argue.

Anyone hear of such a thing?

Tom
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: Mold Repairs - 02/02/05 03:37 AM
Not only have I heard of it, usually the whole building is demolished.
Posted By: LK Re: Mold Repairs - 02/02/05 04:00 AM
Yes, really bad stuff, we worked a flood area, and out of 22 EC's 15 got so sick they were not able to work, the others had problems with breathing and other disorders, be careful when working near mold.
Posted By: Dave55 Re: Mold Repairs - 02/02/05 05:14 AM
I have allergies to molds and dust. A decent quality respirator helps a lot. Not a lot of fun to work in for long periods, but it keeps me healthy.

Dave
Posted By: wa2ise Re: Mold Repairs - 02/03/05 01:22 AM
What about "Wiremold" or "Plugmold"? [Linked Image]
Posted By: golf junkie Re: Mold Repairs - 02/03/05 04:15 AM
"What about "Wiremold" or "Plugmold"? "

I'm definitely allergic to that stuff!
© ECN Electrical Forums