ECN Forum
Posted By: Electricmanscott Leviton Devices - 01/15/05 12:15 AM
Anybody use these new divices from Leviton? Any feedback? http://www.leviton.com/acenti/index.htm

[This message has been edited by Electricmanscott (edited 01-14-2005).]
Posted By: Active 1 Re: Leviton Devices - 01/15/05 12:37 AM
Never seen them before. It sounds like there simular to the Mistro line with a different look. With 1 blue LED instead of 5 green. Maybe in 10 years it will be one more thing to stock on the truck. Myself I would be happy with less dimmer styles out there to keep down inventory.

Did anyone see the 20 amp triplex outlet in the same collection?

Tom
Posted By: hbiss Re: Leviton Devices - 01/15/05 12:53 AM
Interesting to note that all the switches except one are described as "electronic". Does that mean that they utilize a relay or a triac? If it is not a relay what's the deal with using them with receptacles?

-Hal
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: Leviton Devices - 01/15/05 12:34 PM
Personally I think these are pretty cool and I know I could sell some on the kitchen remodels I do. I was wondering if anybody had used any or if they are even available. Leviton has a history of advertising new produccts long before you can get them. As for switching a receptacle it looks like the A201-1L would be the one to use as it is an electromechanical switch. This would also be the one for a garbage disposal as well.
Posted By: Active 1 Re: Leviton Devices - 01/15/05 05:44 PM
It uses some kind of alignment plate with pins to keep exevythin straight on the screwless trim plate.
http://www.leviton.com/acenti/index.htm

I wonder if a standard decora trim will fit.
Posted By: Physis Re: Leviton Devices - 01/16/05 11:43 PM
I tried to watch the demo "movie" but gave up after like 5 minutes when I finally learned it can turn the light off.

I like the blue lights on it but I like blue anyway.

I'm not sure because of the nature of demos. But it looked bigger than a normal device. Is it?

I'm as interested as you about them, I might want to consider using them too. But I'm getting miestros pretty cheap now. If that matters.
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: Leviton Devices - 01/17/05 01:09 AM
They do appear bigger than a standard device but only the face is. They fit in a standard box. When they are ganged there is no separation between them. I really like the look and I can think of a bunch of times where these would have been perfect. I have Maestros and Divas and I just installed a Spacer System in my house. Most jobs I do are with decora devices and dimmers. These new devices really make those look outdated.
Posted By: Physis Re: Leviton Devices - 01/17/05 01:36 AM
I think someone finally spelled Maestro right [Linked Image].

I'm always interested in cooler stuff too.
Posted By: kinetic Re: Leviton Devices - 01/18/05 03:58 AM
Another new style of dimmer. The more I look at them in the supply house the more I am warming to them. Get a free sample and se for yourself.
http://marketing.cooperwiringdevices.com/aspire/
Posted By: SolarPowered Re: Leviton Devices - 01/18/05 06:05 PM
Does anyone have pricing for either the Acenti or Aspire lines? I did a web search, and the only mention of any pricing I found was $120!!! for the Acenti triplex receptacle. If that's representative of the entire line, I've gotta say that I really don't think its coolness factor is at the $120 level.

[This message has been edited by SolarPowered (edited 01-18-2005).]
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: Leviton Devices - 01/18/05 06:47 PM
Solar, that price INCREASES the coolnes factor for me since I won't be paying for it. Sell the customer on it, make them want it, THEN price it for them. More money for you. I don't understand electricians' fixation with prices for everything. The higher the price the more YOU make.
Posted By: Physis Re: Leviton Devices - 01/19/05 01:35 AM
Well Scott, I agree partly. But the end cost is going to include the now $150.00 gadgets. And I know the presentation shows what's what, but the psycology of the total is still there.

I like the high end crowd and they usually don't care a lot. But I'm bothered by a hundred and half for a swith myself.

Either way, I'm still not out. I'll get product lit.
Posted By: SolarPowered Re: Leviton Devices - 01/19/05 01:47 AM
I was commenting of it in terms of using it in my own place. I have this "thing" about wanting 3-ways and 4-ways to always have "on" at the top and "off" at the bottom, which Acenti appears to do nicely. But, at that price, I'll keep looking...

[This message has been edited by SolarPowered (edited 01-18-2005).]
Posted By: Physis Re: Leviton Devices - 01/19/05 02:13 AM
Don't Maestro's do that?
Posted By: SolarPowered Re: Leviton Devices - 01/19/05 02:28 AM
I think they do, but this looked like a bit nicer solution. It appears that with Acenti, your normal switches and your 3- and 4-ways all work the same way. Push the top for on, push the bottom for off, and they all return to neutral when not being pushed. I don't think you can get a Maestro "regular switch" that retuns to neutral.
Posted By: shortcircuit Re: Leviton Devices - 01/19/05 10:02 AM
Hey Solar...I have that "thing" with 3-way switches also...I always wondered if I was the only one that would go back up the stairs to shut off a light so my switches would stay in the "off" position!

Glad to meet ya [Linked Image]

shortcircuit
Posted By: Active 1 Re: Leviton Devices - 01/19/05 08:26 PM
I signed up for the new cooper sample dimmer and already had a salesman calling me about it today. "Hi I'm from cooper how many can I sell ya. How bout we have someone come by to discuss the Cooper opertunities. Etc.."

Tom
Posted By: Physis Re: Leviton Devices - 01/19/05 08:50 PM
I knew it!

I almost poted that I was gonna go for the sample if I didn't have to do a market survey. That really turns me off. Didn't mean the pun, but, why not.

I used to get engineering samples without that, but then it would be through distributors I dealt with a lot anyway.

And, if you flip over one of your three ways, you wont need to go up the stairs to fix it. [Linked Image] Just kidding.
Posted By: Acenti Re: Leviton Devices - 01/19/05 08:59 PM
Thank you for your comments about Acenti. We'd like to answer the questions posted above:
*Yes, AC201 is used to control switched receptacles.
*No, Decora will not fit the Acenti opening.
*Acenti's larger profile allows us to offer the triplex receptacle.
*All Acenti devices fit in standard wall boxes.
*Return to neutral operation: push bottom, load turns on. Push bottom again, load turns off. Switches and dimmers' blue LED load status indicator at bottom glows when load is off.
Posted By: Acenti Re: Leviton Devices - 01/19/05 09:06 PM
Regarding the triplex receptacle's price, that price is incorrect and much higher than the correct price. Please speak with your local Leviton salesperson for correct pricing. The receptacle is available in 5-15R and 5-20R configurations.
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: Leviton Devices - 01/19/05 11:12 PM
Guys I swear I didn't know I was being followed. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Physis Re: Leviton Devices - 01/20/05 12:25 AM
Sure Scott [Linked Image]

Acenti, you left out the part about our free engineering samples. [Linked Image] Just kidding, thanks for clarifying.
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Leviton Devices - 01/21/05 04:59 PM
Not a plug here ...

For what it's worth I saw a presentation from Leviton at a local meeting last night and they have some new products that are worth a look if you do custom Resi work. Besides the Acenti line there are other new lighting system products and sound system components they offer in conjuction with Bose that I think would appeal to the upscale customers.

If anyone is interested they will be having what sounds like a pretty upscale trade show on Long Island in mid April. They will have a bunch of mini presentations and free seminars (+ Free food) on the new lighting systems and sound products plus a Bose Certification Seminar (which may be $50 ??) If anyone is interested I can get specific details.

Bill
© ECN Electrical Forums