ECN Forum
Posted By: trollog Old Panel Parts - 12/13/04 03:32 AM
Does anyone know of a good (internet- if possible) source for old GE panel parts? I have been searching for parts for a GE TL2020wf residential 200A panel (installed circa 1981), after some kitchen appliance installers decided to go monkeying about in the panel and loosened the subfeeds coming into the panel in an attempt to cut the power to the oven they were replacing.. real geniuses.. Anyway, they didnt tighten them back down sufficently and so the AL conductor sat in there quietly sparking until the tenant noticed that the panel was nearly red hot. The loose lug screw was fused into place by the heat and some of the bakelite that insulates the busbar is a bit crumbly, although whether that is from heat or just plain age.. or maybe some of both.. Anyway, Ide love to chase down a new set of busbars as a "drop in" fix rather than replace the panel to minimize the time the tenant has to go without power and to save the expense of new breakers and- worse still- landing all the neuts and grounds into a new panel and praying they are all long enough to fit a new panel? Anyone have any suggestions or maybe the URL of a supply house that carries older GE stuff? I have been looking this weekend and have found very little out on the web.
Posted By: Norstarr Re: Old Panel Parts - 12/13/04 04:47 AM
Trollog,
I will talk to my contact for used parts tomorrow and see if he may have something. Will let you know as soon as possible. What state are you in?
norstarr
Posted By: Jps1006 Re: Old Panel Parts - 12/13/04 04:49 AM
I have bought stuff here before. You'll have to search though....sorry. Good luck.
Posted By: Steve Miller Re: Old Panel Parts - 12/13/04 11:24 AM
There is a company in the Arlington Va area that we call the "boneyard". He is basically a salvage yard for old electrical panel parts. He has a basement you wouldn't believe. Never have known the official name of the business but here's the telco 703.550.7400.
Posted By: trollog Re: Old Panel Parts - 12/14/04 04:22 AM
Norstarr I'm in California... and to everyone else.. thanks fo your replies. I wasn't expecting so many responses!
Posted By: e57 Re: Old Panel Parts - 12/14/04 08:09 AM
Circuit 99 in San Jose I beleive. http://www.circuit99.com/
© ECN Electrical Forums