ECN Forum
Posted By: GA76JW Interesting? I found it to be so. - 11/20/04 12:01 AM
http://zattevrienden.realroot.be/depanneren.htm

Kinda funny if you look in pictures #7 and #8. Some of those are the same people that watched the other one go over.
Posted By: iwire Re: Interesting? I found it to be so. - 11/20/04 12:07 AM
Shoot... I was waiting to see the bigger truck follow the first. [Linked Image]
Posted By: KennyFrank Re: Interesting? I found it to be so. - 11/20/04 01:24 AM
Yikes! Look at the picture just before the truck hits the drink... those people sure seem to be in the path. I'd think this had to have happened pretty darn fast, would they have been able to jump away fast enough? how about the operator? It doesn't look like they thought about safety of any kind... cool pictures though
Posted By: Sir Arcsalot Re: Interesting? I found it to be so. - 11/20/04 01:31 AM
I find it really amusing that a different truck/crane company was used the second time!!!!
Posted By: Hutch Re: Interesting? I found it to be so. - 11/20/04 02:51 AM
[deep_Irish_accent]

Would you look at that now!!!

[/deep_Irish_accent]

Can't quite make out the numberplates but looks like somewhere in the celtic world! Everyone in this house had a great laugh - thanks.

Signed-
half celtic family [Linked Image]
Posted By: hbiss Re: Interesting? I found it to be so. - 11/20/04 03:25 AM
Even the dog came out to have a look!

-Hal
Posted By: Active 1 Re: Interesting? I found it to be so. - 11/20/04 03:35 AM
How much do you think that tow cost?
Posted By: DougW Re: Interesting? I found it to be so. - 11/20/04 11:22 PM
And of course, you can best that Walsh's (the orange truck that went ker-sploosh) and Long's (The BIG green truck that wound up actually performing the recovery) have probably been in a "pissing contest" for years.

Can you imagine Old Man Walsh having to cut a check to his biggrest competition? [Linked Image]
Posted By: e57 Re: Interesting? I found it to be so. - 11/20/04 11:28 PM
I just hope there was no pic's of ambulances in between the to wreckers. Some people seemed to be standing rather close in some of those pics.
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Interesting? I found it to be so. - 11/20/04 11:46 PM
Let that be a lesson to old man Walsh.

BUY THE OUTRIGGER OPTION next time!!!!!
Posted By: e57 Re: Interesting? I found it to be so. - 11/21/04 05:17 AM
Ya Know I looked really close, and it looks like he had the outrigger out there. RIGHT ON THE EDGE OF THE WALL! And, there is a big chunck missing from the wall after-wards, and you can see the outriggers on the truck as they pull it up. I dont think it was extended enough......
Posted By: pauluk Re: Interesting? I found it to be so. - 11/21/04 10:55 PM
Can't you just imagine the phone call to Michael Long's Truck & Crane Hire? "Well, we tried lifting this car out of the drink and....." [Linked Image]

Can't quite make out the numberplates but looks like somewhere in the celtic world! Everyone in this house had a great laugh
I think you're right Hutch. As near as I can make out on my monitor, it looks as though the green truck has Galway plates.
© ECN Electrical Forums