ECN Forum
Posted By: bp-redbear scented 4-plexes? - 11/15/04 02:34 AM
On a TV commercial, I saw a product by "Plug-Ins" room air fresheners. The one to which I refer plugs into a wall receptacle, and has four outlets to plug appliances/lights into.

It made me raise my brows, wondering of the quality of the components used in its construction, and how well this thing will remain plugged into the wall recept with four plugs connected to it.

(It may have only had two outlets on it, but my question is still the same.)

Any opinions/experieence on/with these?

UL listed, I would presume?
Posted By: NJ Wireman Re: scented 4-plexes? - 11/15/04 03:39 AM
Well i wont knock down a company in particular for fear of slander but i will say ive been a firefighter for 12 years and you wont catch any of those scented plugin items in my home. I dont care who makes them, ive seen the results!!!!!!!
Posted By: Dave55 Re: scented 4-plexes? - 11/15/04 04:23 AM
I appreciate the addition of the scent to cover the smell of smoking rubber and melting plastic.

Dave
Posted By: macmikeman Re: scented 4-plexes? - 11/15/04 05:14 PM
I read recently in the local paper about a science study done that showed using room air fresheners results in health problems , specifically such things as asthma, and sinus problems. Maybe you could mention that to your customer also.
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: scented 4-plexes? - 11/15/04 10:05 PM
NJ please tell us more.
Posted By: NJ Wireman Re: scented 4-plexes? - 11/15/04 10:40 PM
Lets just say it caused extensive damage. Many house fires have been attributed to these devices. Now they clame they are making them better these days but i just don't beleive it. In my home its a no go, no questions asked. You want a scent burn a candle and even that had better be attended! im alittle crazy when it comes to the fire prevention i have just seen so many bad calls in my days. It wakes ya up. Many of the fires today are attributed to what, electricial in nature! so im extra cafeful in my installs. Hope the helps ya out electricman scott.

(Had to edit my spelling sorry, which i can't do lol)

[This message has been edited by NJ Wireman (edited 11-15-2004).]
© ECN Electrical Forums